Ferrari owners are cool - Lambo owners too! | FerrariChat

Ferrari owners are cool - Lambo owners too!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by LSU348, Jan 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Today I had a PPI done on an 85 308 GTB QV in Dallas (at Norwoods - one of the sponsors here). Several guys from this list came by to meet me and see the car themselves. These included Tillman, Jimbo, Luigi and his daughter. These guys were all helpful and clearly keenly interested in seeing to it I did NOT get screwed. Heart felt thanks all around guys.

I closed the deal with confidence that I knew the issues and knew what I was getting myself into. I am very pleased with the price.

In short - you guys are an asset to the community.

-Mike

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's awesome... It's nice to see folks looking out for each other... So... Tell us more about the car... Any pictures...?

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    best of luck to you!!!! a bit early but congrats anyway.

4. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Mike,
    First let me say Wlecome to the community!
    My first Ferrari was also a 308 QV, (although mine was a Euro). It served me very well for years and sometimes I STILL miss it. I've read the entire thread of the purchase and am glad to see such a good start: Nice PPI at Norwoods, (great value there), and excellent negotiations. That sounds like quite a low price for a car in this apparent condition.
    As for it not placing in the concourse, (flame suit on), so what? Drive it hard, enjoy it and make it yours! I prefer the driving, cleaning, and wrench turning on my F-Cars equally. Best of luck and keep us "posted"
    J

5. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mucho thanks!

I am not a concourse kind of guy. James (at Norwoods...a Fchat sponsor...see Mike plug...plug Mike plug) made sure I was not while doing the PPI. I will be pulling the extra wires though. Probably will rewire the stereo too. I call the car a pretty good 20 footer.

Will update when the car arrives.

By the way...when a seller has been trying to sell a car for 8 months they get pliable. He was just asking too much. Prob could have sold it for 27k by now had he listed it there back in May.

Note that James says perfect cars (perfect means PERFECT) go for 42k or so. GTS models I believe. QVs.