My Son The Ferrari Driver ! | FerrariChat

My Son The Ferrari Driver !

Discussion in 'New England' started by dpardyferrari, May 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dpardyferrari

dpardyferrari Karting

Aug 7, 2002
    Brunswick Maine
    Full Name:
    Darrell Pardy
    In every Father-Son relationship there are many momentus events that are looked back on with great nostalgia, great joy (or sorrow), and a sense that ths son is following in the father's footsteps. You know, learning to ride the bike, that first overnight camping trip, learning to catch and throw a baseball...

Well today my 15 year old (here in Maine you can get a learner's permit at age 15) got behind the wheel of the Ferrari and off we went. Initially I was scared s***less, but he was a natural. Figured out the shift points really well and by the end of the 45 minute drive had the car running pretty damn good. Now truth be told, he did learn to drive a manual on my wife's Subaru, but hell, how many 15 year olds get to drive a Ferrari? It was a great day.

So.. who else has let their son, or daughter get behind the wheel and drive?

2. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    i can't wait for that. my 3 year old can spot and name the following: testarossa, gto (288), f40, f50, f60, daytona ("dee-tow-nah!"), 355, 360, 550, 550 barchetta, dino, 308 and Boxer.

3. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    #3 scott61, Jun 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have a 1 month old son now and I look forward to the day that he is interested in driving the 355 :)

-Michael

5. MarcoRtn

MarcoRtn Karting

Apr 14, 2004
    Roma (ITALY)
    Full Name:
    Marco R.
    #5 MarcoRtn, Jun 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Darrell, that's AWESOME - I can only imagine how proud you feel! And to think, you've got another one to go!

Enjoy!

vty,

--Dennis

7. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    growing up my friends father let us take his f-car out for an hour, we were 16, he told us not to come back if we damaged something :) all went well and my friend let me drive for 1/2 the time, I was hooked

8. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Darrell,
    You are a brave man indeed to let him drive the Fcar while he is still on the learning curve. Next thing you know, he'll want to take it to the prom!

Birdman

9. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Wait a minute....nevermind the prom. There's no back seat.

10. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    My sons started the same way. Wait until they want to share the day at the track with you!