FChat NE Polo Shirts - PREORDER HERE - we need a total estimate | FerrariChat

FChat NE Polo Shirts - PREORDER HERE - we need a total estimate

Discussion in 'New England' started by Doody, Jun 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    ladies and germs:

as per [post=67311854]my post[/post] in this thread that birdman started re: FChat NE Polos, the purpose of this thread here is to get some understanding of unit counts.

we're talking about LLBean Polo Shirts with the design ryan proposed initially. i've mocked up a white and a black shirt for illustrative purposes. the design is not finalized just yet - plenty of tweaking for ryan to do on it. and apologies for the washed-out black shirt - the picture on the LLBean site was a mess - i had to futz with it.

please reply in this thread and let us know if and how many you might want to purchase. volume will dictate pricing - as indicated in the first post/thread that is hyperlinked at the start of this message. something like $38 to $50 each, delivered to your doorstep. not cheap, for sure, but it's a complicated design.

this is NOT an order per se. i need some idea of rough count. you won't be held to it, though if we get posts for 50 shirts and only 10 turn into real orders when the rubber hits the road doody will get very angy. and you won't like me when i'm angry. green. bulging muscles. ripped clothes. it just isn't someplace you want to go.

if the price is causing you to balk, well, that's good data to hear - but please - in the original thread. just post here if you want one of these pretty-but-pricey jobbies. if the pricing is too stupid we'll go to a simple design.

doody.

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    two for me.

doody.

3. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Mr. McGee, don't make him angry!

One or two for me, a function of price. Definitely one. Maybe two. Let me put that another way. I might get two, but I'll certainly get one. There is a very good chance of two, but a 100% certainty of one. In terms of getting one, I will.....

Please note that I will get a quote from the embroidery place that I have been working with and we can compare quotes and decide what to do.

4. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    2 for me - unless we're doing children's sizes as well, then I'll have two of those as well...

5. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Ooh, Ooh just looked at the other thread - might want 1 of each color... is there a black vs white total decision or is there a choice?

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    in theory color is not a factor. the shirts are the same price and in theory we could get ten shirts, each of a different color.

but that's a separate logistical problem - right now we just need some rough count numbers.

i believe kid shirts would be a possibility as well - i believe it has to do with the types of material being similar - so an adult polo and a canvas tote bag are horses of different colors, but adult -vs- kid polos are way less of an issue. but don't quote me on that.

doody.

7. hustonm3

hustonm3 Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    Londonderry, N.H.
    Full Name:
    Mark H.
    Count me in for at least one, maybe two pending final price.

8. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    I will take one.

9. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    One white one black=2 for me
    DAVID

10. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    One for me please.

11. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Definitely one, probably two, price dependent.

Tom

12. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    You don't need to decide color yet as Doody said, but don't rule out the possibility of red!

13. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I would take at least one, Heck it's still cheaper than a ralph lauren polo, And all you get on that is a little guy on a horse

14. jmacphee

jmacphee Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joseph MacPhee
    One for sure for me too.

Joe

15. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    I'll take 1, maybe 2.

16. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    Doody,

Put me down for one.

Theo

17. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Also probable 1, maybe two. Would like
    the option of red as well.

18. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    A lot of effort and initiative have gone into this design and work order. Good job. Is it the shirts that are holding up this new england group from going on any rides? If that is what it takes i will order one. But i hope its not just to look good while hitting a keyboard. Nice colorful design. i hope its the hard cotton pique material with the unique pattern.
    T

19. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    I'm in for at least one as well.

20. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'm in for 1.

-Michael

21. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    So far I count between 20 and 26, depending on price and whether some of us take 1 or 2. There are people I KNOW we still need to hear from. Verell? Steven R.? Kenny? Dennis?

22. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    thanks for the totals, birdman. i think the initial data we needed we've got: we can do a real run of shirts - on the order of 24 for starters - which can make this complicated embroidery feasible (though still not inexpensive).

keep 'em coming, ladies & gents!

doody.

23. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I'm in for a couple, but ONLY IF THE SHIRTS HAVE A POCKET. (Sorry, but I've got to keep my eyeglasses somewhere.)

I've got a dresser drawer full of vy nice shirts w/o pockets that I never wear. I don't want to add another one.

I'd like a ladies petite medium for my wife, & it doesn't have to have a pocket tho.

24. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Hi guys. I sincerely apologize for the delays in the design. Things are kind of on track again for me now though, and I've been able to put some good time into the image. Here's an update to whet your appetites.

The areas that still need work I marked in yellow, but you can get a sense for the look of the final image. Although a filter gave me a head start, I'm having to go over pretty much every line and shade by hand to fix it up and add more depth.

BTW, while I'm bringing this up, was it decided whether we would have a silver band with black lettering, or a black band with white (or silver) letters?

I have it set up for both already, please indicate which.

25. Bdel

Bdel Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Hollis, NH
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I will take one also.

Del