MEGA PICTURE & VIDEO THREAD! | Page 9 | FerrariChat

MEGA PICTURE & VIDEO THREAD!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Spasso, Dec 25, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jack1999

jack1999 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    toronto
    nice pictures

i missed the enzo..i was there around 2:45pm
    i was so looking forward to seeing the enzo... so disappointed now

2. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    Well, I have to say that this was one of the better days of my life. I got to sit AND ride in a Lamborghini for the first time. Whooooooo hooooooooo......what a rush!!!

Lucas, you caught me in 2 of your shots. One was just me in the background, and the other was me in the Murci as Michel was backing it in to the parking spot.

I took ride #2, so I didn't have to wait that long. I was so happy. I've never been so pressed back in a car seat ever. I felt lke my head was on fire! That thing just screams, and reached 230kmh in no time flat down the service road and the QEW.

Anyway, I'll leave the pic posts to Lucas and perhaps others, but I'll be a bit self serving, and post pics of a very happy camper who took ride #2 just before and after my ride. Sorry for the scarry face, but someone had to enjoy the ride. Ya, I know, I got to smile some more...hehehe.

3. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Sorry about your luck jack:(! I think the Enzo left at about 1:30, and I left shortly after that. Was there a Carrera GT or a Peppermint Murcielago there when you were there? I overhead some people saying that they were going to show up.

MuJo, thats awsome you got to get a ride in the Murci. I was the kid in the red sweater and blue pants taking pics of everything! How long did you get to go on the ride for? I still can't believe that guy who payed $600 for the ride in the Enzo, that would be insane!

Lucas

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
  5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
  6. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    Lucas, my ride lasted about 15 minutes. About 7 minutes to long. We got lost! Michel drove away from the pack and we were pretty much on our own to find the QEW again. Once we did, WOW what brute power going to Trafalger. Just blowing past everyone. Michel's getting lost was my advantage. I got a longer ride as a result!

7. jack1999

jack1999 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    toronto
    lucas
    there was no cgt
    only the lambo murcileago was there... the one that was posted in the earlier post.

when i got there, there were not much cars left i think
    oh well.. next time, next time.. i shall c enzo

8. mechanka

mechanka Karting

Apr 27, 2003
    Full Name:
    Anka
    #208 mechanka, Jun 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    ok - now it's my turn to bore everyone with some pics ;)

I got there just around noon (some of you may have heard me pull in in the obnoxiously loud RX7 - that exhaust has got to go).
    This was the first time I've seen some of these cars actually in "action" - my-oh-my, some of them sounded great.

Hey Lucas - I've seen your pics and it turns out I'm in some of yours and you are in some of mine. Too bad we couldn’t talk - maybe next time.

Anyway, it was a great day and hope to see some of you next year or even sooner than that…

Cheers
    Anna
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. mechanka

mechanka Karting

Apr 27, 2003
    Full Name:
    Anka
    #210 mechanka, Jun 5, 2004
  10. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    awsome pics man! Thats me in the red sweater! Hopefully I will meet you at another event,
    great pics

Lucas

11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    A red on red ENZO on Trafalgar is certainly a rare sight! The only thing missing was the "PROVA" licence for QEW "road work". Thank you.

12. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Very nice... A shame that it cost $600 for a ride in the Enzo.

13. Avia1

Avia1 Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    You drive your car on public streets with your plate displayed to everybody else, what's the big deal about the Internet? The Enzo owner likes the attention...what Enzo owner drives the car to a donut shop for a coffee when he first gets it and wonders why 50 cars show up. Owning one of these cars gets you lots of attention, which most owners like, sometimes the attention isn't always positive though. I would be more worried about parking my car on Yorkville where somebody could key it than on a login protected website that few people know about.

14. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    Not really. It was a charity event and so the $600 went to charity.

15. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Problem is that people camp out outside of this guys house (I won't mention his name). Attention is fine, but when all these cars plates are posted in one place you are asking for trouble. The Enzo owner is more than happy to show off his car, but respect his wishes and don't post plates, there is no need to and it is easy enough to blur it out.

16. RacerNika

RacerNika Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    The Enzo's owner does NOT like the attention. AT first he thought it was cool- but after being stopped at the lights and having a van flip becasue the guy was busy looking at the car and not looking at the roadway.

The car stood in the garage a long time after that. You have to give a person credit for taking it out for others to see - for donating a ride of a lifetime ( I interviewed the guy that won the auction and he was thrilled - said it was "so worth it" after his ride)

But maybe he doesn't want his picture, home or plate shown.......is that not fair? On the street, people get a glimpse of the plate - not like they are looking - in a static picture you can see it - on the internet it can be downloaded and resent....it's opened up for the world to see.

Please guys/gals.....I'd rather respect his wishes and see the car around instead of just pictures and the occasional auto show

17. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    He bought a car that is very rare and extremly expensive to own. When people see this car they go nuts and try to take all the pic's they can. They will tell their friends, they will tell other friends etc. Pic's will be e-mailed back and forth until they end up on a chat site.

He bought the car knowing what kind of attention it would draw. If he cannot accept this, then he should sell it. This car has been on the cover of magazines world wide. It's been in the Toronto star. He knows what kind of car it is. This is just somthing he is going to have to put up with. If he cannot understand this, then he bought the wrong car and should sell it and by a Tempo.

For him to complain and say he's going to park the car, that is a problem he has, nobody else.

18. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    I agree to wipe out the plates, i mean come on guys, he is bringing his million dollar car for us to see, the least we can do is take a few minutes to respect his privacy... there are some maniac's around even here in mississauga where i live ;)

19. mechanka

mechanka Karting

Apr 27, 2003
    Full Name:
    Anka
    #220 mechanka, Jun 6, 2004
    Wow – way to spoil a fun thread…for the people out there that feel they have to protect all the exotic car owners – for a lack of a better word --- chill out! These people know what they are getting into (not to say they are actually getting into anything); after all owning a Ferrari is part passion but also part being noticed (to put it kindly).
    Unless the guy is a racer and tracks the car, where else is he going to show it off other then on public streets. I’m sure if he can afford a million dollar car he can surely “take care” of his prized possessions. Through people like that the rest of us (that can pretty much only afford a 1:18 scale Enzo model) would mostly likely never get close enough to cars like these much less hear them run. So to the Enzo owner I say – Thank you…and don’t worry, I won’t be coming around to see the car in your garage. Just for curiosities sake, I wonder what other cars he owns.
    There always will be some over-zealous-over-enthusiastic person that goes a bit too far in the name of his/her automotive pursuits – but for the most of us, seeing a license plate on a car means nothing more that “I’m getting screwed by my insurance company”.

Racernika – you have no qualms about posting your license plate for all to see…why care so much about stranger’s cars

20. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    --> Touché

21. RacerNika

RacerNika Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    My dear Mechanka - you do not see any plate of the Ferrari now do you?

A one of a kind genuine Ferrari yellow Jeep can't be hidden - plate or not - now if it was worth a million I may think twice. Who really cares about a company car.....

I'm not protecting any "exotic car" owner - I am just communicating one persons feelings and ideas on ownership. You don't know his reasons for buying it - and unless you've walked in his shoes or can read his mind you can't comment on ownership. Yes he has had regrets at times - yes he sometimes wonder if its just best to garage the car - never risk a scratch....but that isn't his style since like most of us here, we drive our cars.

I'm giving you something to think about - be respectful and chances are you will see such cars out and about more often........

in fact - I think I'm going for a drive

22. RacerNika

RacerNika Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    Tom, Tom.....he's not complaining - we chatted about ownership- the pros and cons.......he knew full well it the car would have its picture taken - hence why the rear plate was taken off........ His issue is filming his home, his image - just stepping OVER the boundary.

I recently took pictures of a school group - I had to make sure no childs face was in the pix since one was under court protection. I'm not saying this is the case here AT ALL - but it's just something to think about - it surprised me....sometimes we just don't know..

no need to have Ferrari-envy here Tom. I think like Mechanka, we should just say thanks to him for bringing the car out for all of us to see and hear first hand.

23. Avia1

Avia1 Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    You should have it parked in a garage at the end of a very long driveway, behind a big gate out in either Forest Hill, Rosedale, King City, Castlemore, etc...Anything less and it's too much car for the neighbourhood. I remember seeing pictures of the car and thinking, the guy must be visiting, that can't be his house.

Driving the flashiest car on the road is kind of like being a movie star. Pictures of you or your car are going to show up somewhere.

24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Thank you MR. _____ ____ for bringing the car out for all of us to see and hear first hand. Pictures do not do it justice; it is both more and less than what you expect! The perfect device for shrinking time and distance. A "crazy car, with so much power" was how one driver described it...