Wow, my first ever 550 electrical problem... | FerrariChat

Wow, my first ever 550 electrical problem...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by maranelloman, Jun 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

My 2000 model year Maranello, which will be 4 years old next month, has 20,000 miles. This past weekend, it appears that it suffered some sort of wheel speed sensor failure. The "Brake" warning light in the upper left dash came on (not the "Park" light indicating the parking brake) for the first time ever, concurrent with the speedometer ceasing to function. In addition, the speed sensitive function of the stereo stopped working at the same time (I was on the highway). Then, after several engine off/engine on cycles, the suspension warning light in the center info center came on (the pictograph with the triangles under the tires). Then, on the next start cycle, the Check Engine light came on (yellow, not blinking). All of these functions--brake/ABS, stereo, speedo, and suspension--are dependent on data from wheel speed sensors. Car ran fine, but I was unable to turn on Sport mode, and the suspension didn't hunker down at speed. I guess everything reverts to manual/full soft when there is a fault.

Anyone else have this happen? I hope it's just dirt interfering with one of the sensors.

Damn electronics...