360 Suspension | FerrariChat

360 Suspension

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Izza, Jun 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I recently took my heir out on his first drive in the 360. As a 4 month old, he had to sit in his kiddie seat facing towards the back of the car. As a proud father, I took the airbag fuse out so that if I had an accident he would not have got whallopped in the back by a big balloon.

When I restarted the car, along with the airbag warning light the dashboard had the suspension system failure warning (a car with a triangle under each axle) showing and wouldn't let me choose sport mode. At the time I thought this was coincidence, until I arrived home and replaced the fuse in its socket. On this restart all warning lights disappeared.

I thought this may be a safety feature. However, in the past when the airbag fuse 'blew' could I still select sport mode and did not have the suspension system faiure diagram in front of me.

Will I always get this? Are the airbag and suspension systems related in the 360 or was this the hand of god telling me not to get too sporty with my only son in the seat?

Izza

P.S. For the record, despite Daddy's tubi style stradale exhaust, he was asleep for most of the journey.