330 GTE ? | FerrariChat

330 GTE ?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by hps, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    #1 hps, Jan 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey all ;

Here are 2 more pics form my stash.....
    Again....Iam no Ferrari expert yet, and I suppose I could look this up...but figured you guys would like to see the car anyway....
    This was on display here in Toronto, and I have seen it on numerous occasions.....any info on this car ? (is it a 330?)

Cheers,

hps
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    #2 hps, Jan 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    It is an early (series I/II) 250 GTE.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    That is correct, Sir.

hps - Wayne's input is, without question, one of the best reasons to join F-Chat.
    Just to give you an idea of how he was able to recognize what it was at a glance (I assure you):
    front view - here's your indicators (let's forget about the GTE license plate); Chromed central hood strip is an immediate giveaway, along with grille, full bumper and lamps in the grille. Can't really distinguish between Series I and II unless you see the dash.

330 2+2's have a "plain" hood, smaller grille, quarter bumpers, turn signals, no lamps - Series I 330's are dual-headlights, Series II have single- headlights. 330 2+2's were made between '64-'67, though 1 was specially made in '68.

To add further confusion, there was the 330 GT America - it was built during the 250GTE series III run. As in the Series III 250GTE, the 2 lower lights are closer to each respective headlight than on I or II - in fact, the lamps are out of the grille - but the 330 America has a 4 litre, 300 bhp engine. Just a monster - the difference between 140mph & 170... For you horsepower freaks, bear in mind - all these 4-seater 250's and 330 America's were built between '60 and '63. And they seated 4 adults. Comfortably. Nyaaah.

Wayne - maybe it's been a while, but if you can, pop in to
    Heritage Classics one of these days. '63 250 GTE is in stock - saw it last night, though I see it's not linked on the site. Glad to see you hangin' out here when you can, though.

5. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    See....this is why I joined Ferrari Chat.....the level of Ferrai knowledge is staggering.....

Thanks wax and Wayne !!

Cheers !

hps