new dealer opening up on LI | FerrariChat

new dealer opening up on LI

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by djs308, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
  2. joeyy

joeyy Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    long island
    Full Name:
    joe
    not a real ferrari dealership, but does have some nice used exotics!

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i spoke with Michael Cannillo a few nights ago... Unless you know exactly where you're going, you could drive by the place - hell, you could WALK by, a hundred times, and never know it's a dealership... i haven't been inside, but i'd like to go check it out... They're just getting started, he said, and they usually have 6-8 cars in their showroom... They're holding a sort of celebration/grand opening party/gathering/get-together thingie the weekend of 02/07-02/08 in honor of Enzo's birthday... They're at 98 North Industry Court, Deer Park (11729)... i plan on going to their thingie... When i spoke with Michael over the phone, he seemed nice...

4. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Mike Cannillo spoke briefly at the Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society lunch in NYC today. Seems like a nice guy with a life long passion for cars who has decided to turn his hobby into a business. He apprenticed at a car dealership for a couple of years to learn the business, but I didn't get where he got that experience.

He is staging a grand opening on Feb 7 and 8 from 1-6 pm with "food and drinks, special guests, giveaways, raffles and a live DJ".

He will stock a mix of owned and consignment cars, all a variety of sports cars, including Ferraris. Currently he has a 1990 Mondial Cab. in stock. He will not have any service or restoration facilities. It took him many months to get all the permits and zoning approvals to sell cars on the property.

An interesting Ferrari sidelight is that one of Mike's associates in this business is the daughter of Bob Grossman, who raced many Ferraris successfully in the 60's and 70's and later owned a sports car dealership in Southampton, Long Island.

It would be great to hear from any 'Gislanders who stop in to see his shop.

John

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    John, did you speak with him...? i plan on going to the 02/07-02/08 event, but i wanted to stop by before then, to check out the showroom... It's a really weird place to have a dealership, since there's no indication that it IS one when you walk past it...

6. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey DES

I spoke to him for just a few minutes while we were in the line for the buffet. It was pretty superficial and mostly about how many hoops he had to go through to get all his permits, the types of cars he wants to have, you know that sort of stuff. I thought he is a pretty genuine guy and DID NOT get any bad car salesman vibes from him about how he would represent his cars.

I don't know whether I'd make the trip down from CT, but if I was on the Gisland and had some free time, I would definitely stop in. He seems pretty willing to offer test rides on the cars that he owns.

If you go, let us know what you think.

John

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well, i don't know about finagling a test ride since i'm not in the market, but i have every intention of going; when i spoke with him over the phone he seemed nice... Seemed pretty stoked that i saw his ad in the FCA News Bulletin... Maybe when i meet him, i'll give him a heads-up about FerrariChat...

LOL @ "Gisland"... :)