Milestone, 4000 Members! | FerrariChat

Milestone, 4000 Members!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jimpo1, Jan 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Did anyone else notice?

2. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    4000 members

No, I had no idea !

how would you know ?

3. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Go to the Home page, on the right side it says "Members: 4,000, Threads: 6,421, Posts: 91,472"

4. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Ok, I'm a freak. I admit it. It's 2 days later and it's now exactly 100 members more. We're growing 50 members a day? Does that surprise anybody else?

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, me most of all. Click on the hit counter and look at all the growth we've had. On the old software we were only registering about 250 users a month at most. How big is too big? I'm actually going to start a poll on that question.

I think there are several reasons...

1) More international presence. There are more Ferraris internationally than there are in the US. There are many more Ferrari fans internationally than in the US. We hadn't really tapped that market yet and we've never advertised there. However, with word of mouth and multiplier effect we've had a huge growth in international presence. UK and Europe sections are our two biggest regions.

2) Since the new software was installed I've removed some of the soft "blocks" I had to keep search engines from indexing us. Now with FC on search engines we're getting a huge increase in referrals from them...

6. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    I think congratulations for the growing sucess of Fchat should go to Rob who obviously puts a huge amount of work into the board.

MW

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    ad 1) You could advertise in "Ferrari World", quite popular in Europe.

ad 2) Just yesterday somebody who did a google search found me on FChat. Not sure I like that though (in this case it was ok, but there might be others).

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thanks, but without the other users there wouldn't be any reason for anyone to just come talk with me only. :) I love Ferrari and I like sharing my passion with others. That's why I opened the board, we're growing so fast now that I'm having to figure out ways to allow me to personally enjoy it like I originally intended. Any spare time now is spent answering emails, moderating posts, working with sponsors, doing the books, and etc. of any small sized business. I really would like more time to read about one off Ferraris in the Vintage section or hear the details about someone’s engine rebuild or look at all the pics from a recent concours. Right now I'm just in "keep this baby afloat" mode. However, I'm slowly introducing moderators and thinking of other ways to manage this beast.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I thought Ferrari World was long gone? I actually thought I had every issue published and it ended a few years ago?

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Uh, oh. Guess that shows you what I know about the Old world I left 13 years ago. Sorry.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Well, from the other thread it sounds like it's German only now. All the issues I have are the English version.