Anyone looking for a 2001 911TT? | FerrariChat

Anyone looking for a 2001 911TT?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Nibblesworth, Nov 8, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    A friend of fine is selling his. Here's the scoop:

1. 2900 Mile 6-speed
    2. Polar Silver/Grey seats
    3. Aluminum Gauges
    4. Seat Crests
    5. Full leather w/ full leather console
    6. Heated seats power seats w/ lumbar
    7. Some other stuff....

It is very clean. No exterior dings or dents. The guy is in his late 50's and doesn't romp on his cars anymore (he used to, when he was my age :) ). The car is in Carmel, Ca. He has no more room in his garage, and a Carrera GT with his name on it is coming in in the next year, so the TT has to go.

If you are interested, or know someone who is interested, please e-mail me: [email protected], and we can discuss his asking price and I can give you the guy's info if you are serious.

Thanks!

2. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    sorry for the shameless plug, but - BUMP!

3. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    One last bumpers before this post heads into oblivion...

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Hey Nibbler, I'd go for this car in a heartbeat, except that my higher power has informed me that my next Porsche has to be a tip so she can drive it.

BTW, I hope that your buddy is up for a shock. The market is flooded with 01 TTs right now because a lot are coming off of lease. Even for a low mileage car, a realistic price is mid 80s.

DrTax

5. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    I noticed that yesterday. I figured I'd take a look on ebay to see what kind of TT volume there was, and I think I counted about 10 01 TT's. Looks a tad bit flooded to me.

The price he wants, while not really unreasonable, is probably not going to be had. He's pretty aware of this, but is hoping to get a good figure.

Kind of a bummer that the market was flooded with them. It's phenominal car (and I don't like P-cars!), and I think a lot of people are going to lose quite a bit of cash when they sell.

Anyway, I hope you find a tip that fits you and your wife! Good luck, and enjopy it! :)

6. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i thought turbo prices were REALLY in the crapper until i started my own search for a TT. prices have definitely stabilized and in some instances, gone up (the line about porsche only producing like 100 turbo's for '04 seems to be helping) i have a couple friends that are managers for major dealers and they searched months for me - at auction, other dealers and REAL trade-ins for real money.

i think the dr's number is pretty close but TT's are NOT selling for the crazy low numbers that people are saying. ie, 80 or under for an '01. (search some of the pcar boards). nu-uh - ain't true unless there is a story behind the car or high mileage.

i finally found an '03 TT for a reasonable price. definitely was not a great price but it was the color and had the exact options i wanted so i happily paid up.

IMHO, based on my exhaustive search and research, i would say an immac '01 w/ good miles and color should fetch high 80's, possibly 90, give or take a few k's.

if your friend is asking much over 90k, then he is probably off the mark. otherwise, he should be close (although not on ebay).

7. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Neb,

Tried posting on Rennlist.com ?

8. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    I was looking at a used 01 996tt about two weeks ago. It had 19k miles on it and some nice options, the dealer was asking $92,000 which is too much I thought. I made an offer of 85k and still haven't heard back from them.

9. ty (360mode)

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    what color you looking for? if metallic black 6 spd fits the bill then shoot me an email. a ferrari dealer has an immac one for sale for a reasonable price (esp compared to 92k w/ 19k miles!). i've looked at it and iirc it has 3k miles.

10. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Jason - I haven't posted it there yet, and I doubt I will. I just told my pal that I'd give it a shot here. He's got it advertised in a few other places, and he's got about a year left to sell it before his Carrera gets in, so it's no big hurry.

Ty - He's starting his price at around $97k, which he told me with a smile that kind of meant "I know I ain't gonna get it." It is very clean with less than 3k miles, so it should fetch a tiny bit higher than the average, but who knows? I glad you found one that fits you well. Enjoy it! It's a damn beast! I found it more responsive and more enjoyable than a 550....sacrilage, I know, but what can I say? It impressed the hell outta me.

11. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Ty - what was the selling price? Assuming the options are the same, that's essentially the same car that I'm peddling. It'd be interesting to know what the dealer is asking for it.

12. ty (360mode)

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    won't hijack your thread esp since there are tons of 360 v. TT threads out there, but yes, i am very impressed with the car as well. does it have the spirit or soul of any fcar - heck no! but is it fun as all hell to drive, esp as a DD, definitely! but i do understand much better why people refer to these things as "appliances", haha...

dealer is asking $93, will take $89-90. hopefully your friend can sell it before the warranty runs out though... that seems to be a big issue esp with turbos.

good luck and post pics of that GT when he gets it - i love that car!

13. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    Dropgems,
    If you are looking for an 01 Turbo, I have 2 available.
    1-bl/bl 7900 miles.
    2-silv/bl 4300 miles.
    Both cars are in excellent condition and open to offers.
    Call me at 636-273-6774 or e-mail [email protected]
    I will PM you also.
    Chuck

14. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Ty - I'll get some pics from him when he gets it. He and his wife went to Stutgart a few months back to drive the car around the test strip. He said it was AMAZING, and a few of the people in his group actually puked after going for a few laps with some F1 driver who now works for Porsche. He was thoroughly impressed with the car.

He also said that because of the tiny clutch, the sound of the car revving is amazing. He's pretty excited, and so am I! I won't get to drive it, but I'll get to drive in it, which is the next best thing. :)