Would you give up your Ferrari to...........? | FerrariChat

Would you give up your Ferrari to...........?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ernie, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Since I was a very young child I have always wanted to go to outer space. All the way through school up till my senior year in high school I wanted to become an astronaut. But changed my mind when the defence industry was going through a huge down sizing. Well after reading a post in a thread along the lines of, "what things do you still have on your to do list that you still haven't done?" I started thinking. To this date the number one thing on my to do list that I still haven't done is space travel. If I was presented the chance to go to space, but had to give up owning my Ferrari, well my days of owning a Ferrari would end in an instant. I would give up one child hood dream, to complete a bigger one. Even if I had an Enzo, F50, F40, and a 288 those would be gone in a flash. Yes just for one trip. How about the rest of you guys? Would you give up your Ferrari, or collecton of Ferrari's, for the chance to go to outer space?

2. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Are you kidding? Until recently I would have given up EVERYTHING for a trip into space, even if I knew it was one-way. Now I change that a bit to say everything EXCEPT my wife and children, and I have to come back! :)

Mark

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I'd give up a few things to boldly go where no man has gone before
    T minus 137 days, 5 hours, 56 minutes and 10 seconds...

The Olsen Twins

4. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Its funny this thread comes up now. I'm actually faced with a question similar to this. Until recently i thought i was going to finish getting my degree in mechanical engineering and then go to law school after college. Now i'm having second thoughts. My other two choices are besides law school, to finish here, hopefully stay at the top of my engineering class and get a really good engineering job, maybe go to grad school for aerospace eng. OR attend air force officer training school (OTS) for 2 summers and be commissoined when i graduate. I think usually the minimum required time is 8yrs or service, at which point i can join the air ntl guard and then go to grad or law school, but it might be too late by then because i'll be 29. I think im well qualified to do either of the 3 choices, i have the grades also. The thing is i have to decide soon because i need to get an internship lined up for this summer if i dont decide to do that. If i join the AF, i dont think i'll make enough to buy a ferrari.

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
  6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    If i had an NNO parked outside right now, i can only think of two things that i MIGHT give it up for; Formula 1... If i could have one of Ferrari's F1 cars and unlimited access to any circuit, unlimited access to mechanics and the money needed for all of that and i could just race and race and practice and get better and better and race and race and race until my heart gave out, i think i could part with an NNO...

The other thing; if giving up an NNO would mean wiping out hunger, racism, sexism, abuse, crime, disease, poverty, slavery (yes, slavery) and all of the other things that people needlessly suffer from, i'd wave goodbye to my NNO without a second thought.

7. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    I agree, and for Natalie Portman

8. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    ...go live on a deserted island with (fill in hot babe name here) for the rest of my life and drink Bud Light all day? No. I'd develop a huge beer gut, a perpetual sunburn, and have sand in my shorts all the time. Hot babe wouldn't be enough to take my mind off wishing for the old days. F-car all the way...

9. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    A little nitrous, and a Ferrari ought to run just fine on Mars. :)

Maybe a bit more ground clearance, perhaps some good off-road tires, ...

It'd be lots quicker than NASA's rovers. :D