03 575m code | FerrariChat

03 575m code

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by dinos575m, Jun 14, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    Qavion
    had a 1675,1631 and 1674 codes. sent computers out to check . reinstalled computers and ran.
    checked the voltage with a meter. checked on battery post as well as terminals to see if there was a voltage drop. battery about 2-21/2 years old. after running car about 25 miles (with scan tool connected) no light on dash but kicked out a 1602 code. I would love if it was as simple as a battery .
    again thank you for your help Dino

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #2 Qavion, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Definitely a strange one, Dean, but Taz is your best bet on 575's ;) I don't even have a fault code list

We don't even have any wiring diagrams for the 575, so we can't check the wiring from the battery (?) or wherever the ECUs are getting their battery voltage information from.

Does the Owners Manual have a fuse listing for the ECUs (i.e. "+30" fuses)?

EDIT: I found an owners manual. There seems to be lots of +30 fuses for the Motronics system:

F1, F3, F21, F47, F49, etc. I suppose you could check them for security and signs of contamination, but I'm not confident you will find anything. Perhaps you could make sure that a full 12 volts is actually on these fuses (both ends) in case there are fusebox problems.

3. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    I thought the same. Checked all related fuses and replays. I checked my owners manual .
    1602 is permanent power loss ? no power to ecm would create a no start ?
    1675-can error instrument time out
    1631-can error ASR time out/ left bank signal intermittent. ?
    Have no wiring diagram to help trace power flow.

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    What kind of scan tool are you using? Sometimes scan tools (especially when used on Ferrari) can lead you down the wrong path. They decipher the code information wrong and give you the wrong fault code number.

5. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    Is the 550 the same electrical system? I know the ASR\ABS is different. 575 has a module and I think the 550 has a relay
    Is the rest of the system the same? 550 wiring diagram is available.
    Thanks again Dino

6. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    Foxwell auto master pro. checked a couple of sights, used by couple Ferrari shops.
    It was 300.00 works great.

tbakowsky likes this.
  7. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    Tbakowsky
    I would love to here your thoughts and direction especially if you ran across this problem before.
    Much thanks Dino

8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Hummm...I wonder if you have an issue in the instrument cluster. The cluster is used as a signal gateway for the electrical systems in the car. Do you have anybody local you could send it to to have it checked?

9. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    I'll have to check, not sure. do have a couple of friends with Ferrari's.
    Is there a wire going into or leaving the cluster I may want to check?

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dino- 550 is Motronic 5.2 and 575M is 7.1.1, so not much commonality. Here are the P-Codes for you and Ian.

I had a cat named Dino and another named Tony after my old Daytona.

Attached Files:

Qavion likes this.
  11. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    I did have a failure of my tach and speedo. Car went into limp mode.

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Off hand I would not be able to tell you which one. But with a continuity tester and back probing the harness connector at the cluster, you should be able to find what line activates terminal 15 on the ecu relay. You then can monitor the voltage and see what it's doing. This will take some time and patience tho. It's not really fun..but at least its clean work.

13. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    As Taz says, the wiring on the 550 is very different from the 575. The instrument cluster pinout would be far closer to the 360's and 430's, but the cluster connector pins assigned to things like databusses do vary between these two cars, so they may vary for 575.

Anyway, if you suspect that the cluster is generating fault message 1602 (I have my doubts)...
    Cluster power goes to the 12 pin plug on the back of the instrument cluster (The 12 pin plug is the one on the far right, looking at the instruments). Pins 1 & 2 on this plug are live battery power and ignition power respectively. The battery power wire is usually red, the ignition power may be green/white.

Fault message 1602 is "direct supply from the battery has reached the minimum value for ECU operation". There really should be no relays involved in the "direct supply from the battery".

As a general rule, Ferrari Motronic ECU relays are activated by the ECU itself. The ECUs have live battery power and part of their circuitry is powered at all times. When the ignition is turned on, the ECUs go into a quick test mode. If all ok, they activate relays which start powering things like engine sensors, preparing for engine start.