0302 found in Venezuela | Page 10 | FerrariChat

0302 found in Venezuela

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by elmotorizado, Dec 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. elmotorizado

elmotorizado Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #226 elmotorizado, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The car we found and call 0302 ( will call it that way until someone comes with evidence that proves otherwise) #32 raced in this race together with car that raced in Bogota in 1959 #44, it cannot be the same car obviously, why some insist in bringing the car of 1959 and relating it with the find I dont know.
    The cars with #28 and 36 are 0562 and 0534 but dont know in which order, these 2 cars are also out of the scene to be related to 0302.
    Hope this way it makes more sense.
    branko
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    There most be some interest in the car, after they got the pictures and asked for the pictures of the other serial number.
    The measurments could be done locally if we have what to measure against, for the metalurcigal analisys, there are parts that can be removed without affecting the integrity of the chassis.
    branko

Egregio Sig. xxxxxx,

si potrebbe avere anche foto delle punzonature con il numero telaio 0304 TF.

Grazie
    Cordiali saluti
    xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Direzione xxxxxxxx - Ferrari Classiche e Corse Clienti

Ferrari S.p.a.

Subject: R: 625 TF /2 parte
    To: "xxxxxxxxxxxx" <[email protected]>
    Cc: "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <[email protected]>

Egregio Sig. xxxx,

la informiamo che per confermare l'originalità del telaio in questione è necessario eseguire un'analisi dimensionale e metallografica presso Ferrari Classiche a Maranello.

Restiamo a disposizione per ogni eventuale chiarimento.

Cordiali saluti
    xxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx
    Direzione xxxxxxxxxx - Ferrari Classiche e Corse Clienti

Ferrari S.p.a.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There you are!!!

That's good news, I think.......

4. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    I tought so too Bubba, but after reading some of the threads in which there are double numbered cars I am a little bit confused.
    branko

5. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi, can you do a translation of the above? I knew if we kept after this there would be more interest. I agree good measurements, drawings and pictures are a must. Keep us posted just one man's opinion tongascrew

6. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    The translation goes like this more or less

They want pictures of the 0304 stampings, in the first letter.

We inform you that to confirm the originality of the mentioned chassis, it is necessary to perform a dimensional and metalurgical analisys by Ferrari Clasiche at Maranello. second letter.
    Good measurements against what?
    There are enough pictures to have an idea of what we found.

Reading threads like the one on the Mille Miglia and others y arrive to the same conclusion as other people, Ferrari Clasicche is only for making money.
    branko

7. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    PIctures are fine. What I would like to see is a sketch of the chassis you have with the measurements of the individual tube sections. Specs on the degrees of the interior and exterior joints would also be nice.. These then can be compared with what can or might be the originals whether it was the Zagato coupe or the spyder. tongascrew

8. arnoux40

arnoux40 Rookie

Mar 25, 2010
    I beleive you meant Vignale instead of Zagato

9. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #234 elmotorizado, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
    Tongascrew, I think this is a task for the next visitor of the car, but before going into such complications there is the other chassis to compare to, if the owner allows pictures to be taken.

Can you get the originals to compare to? if you can I will talk to the owner to do whatever is needed.
    I was going to make the same question Arnoux made

branko

10. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus

What's the current owner giong to do with this car?

Restore it?

11. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Of course, you'r right. thanks tongascrew

12. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi the reason we need the chassis drawings and specs is that there is nothing at this time really to compare them to. We have the cutaway of the Vignale coupe but don't know if all three cars had the same chassis designe. These cars were built we think in 1953 before the first of the Mondials. With the drawings etc of 0302 , these can be sent to the experts who can then figure out what you have. just one man's opinion tongascrew

13. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Jim, the problem here is noone really knows what to restore this car to.We have the cutaway of the original Vignale coupe.There is no way of knowing the accuracy of this cutaway. When you look at the cutaway the front of the frame is not clear and the rear of the frame is unique to this car. Until we can get detailed drawings and specs of the frame and have some of you experts look them over it's hard to know how to proceed. There is a reproduction of the Vignale coupe but I have been unable to get any details of what frame this is built on. I think this could be a fascinating project for someone. There are very few real barnfinds left. Got anyone in mind??? just one man's opinion tongascrew

14. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    Branko has said earlier that the owner wishes to restore the car.

If not, I'm sure there are plenty of us who would love to get their hands on it...The first thing would be to check out exactly what of the original car is there and try to confim which one it is. Then a good decision could be made about what to build up.

15. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    Hi Jim, as Tasman quoted, the owner said that he wanted to save it to play on in his retirement. I most add, he thought that it was a worthless piece of iron.

branko

16. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Very Cool Find!

17. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    Since I posted the cutaway we found out that the chassis is not a 501 and I said so in post
    The cutaway was made in 2007 and does not resemble the original cars.
    branko

18. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    Hi Will, nice to see you dropping by.
    The only thing in inventory would be the chassis the way you see it, there are no brakes, no rear end or suspension, thats about it.
    I beleive as stated in another post that all 3 cars for one reason or another beared the serial 0304, is just matter of investigating.
    If I am correct at the arrival date in Venezuela of this car, it leaves both barchettas out and leaves us with the berlinetta.

branko

19. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    If my investigation takes me all the way back 1955, wich so far is more than 90% sure, you will see a common thing with your P3/4, Forghieri's comment.
    Branko

20. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    #245 246tasman, May 23, 2010
    Hi Branko!

Actually I look in on FChat every day, and this is the about the only thread that has had interest for me for some time. I must have been very lucky when I first found this site as it was continually gripping from then till a few months back. I'm sure like all things it comes and goes and will make a comeback before long...

'Just a chassis' is a great place to start building a car for some of us. The chassis for me would be the inspiration to make an appropriate car for it and to really enjoy the process. I would do the Berlinetta for sure. It's just got to be done.

It may appear off topic but for some of us this is what old cars are all about: Here's my friend Mark Walker's (in the blue shirt) recently completed 1905 Land Speed Record Darracq 200HP which I've watched taking shape using only the original engine & 2 feet of chassis rail either side that were original. He threw away all the other junk that came with it (the first 'rebuild') and built this from all the old (mainly glass plate high resolution) photos that existed. The best 3 years of his life so far he says...It was a full time job he did all on his own except for putting out foundry work and gear cutting.

I need hardly mention he'll be redoing the record run on the same old French road and will no doubt exceed that (109mph) and then the Daytona 1906 run at 122mph.

Gotta add this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1aIZXte5ug

Best wishes
    Will

photos courtesy photobox-art.co.uk

21. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi. I am not surprised about this. The cutaway is probably based on the repro of this car which I have discussed earlier.This is a nice repro except for that they missed including so many details of the original. just one man's opinion tongascrew

22. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Well at least that is a start. Can you ask him what he would like for his "retirement" and we can go from there. You can encourage him by explaining that with the drawings etc he may be able to get more "Bolivers" for his retirement. You might also look into finding someone like an engineering or archetectual student who would like to do the drawings etc. I am sure we can find people here who would like to contribute to this effort. just one man's opinion tongascrew

23. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    Hi Will, this thread will be current until there new info coming, I am running out but you and others living in Europe and having contacts can find new info.

So would I

An interesting task that your friend Mark achieved.
    branko

24. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #249 elmotorizado, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
    Tongascrew, is there a possibility to know where is that repro, or where we can see a picture, to have an idea.
    Thanks
    branko

25. elmotorizado

Mar 14, 2009
    valencia, venezuela
    Full Name:
    branko
    #250 elmotorizado, May 24, 2010
    I think I posted this picture before, but not a very goog quality, this one was scanned yesterday and there is a very curious detail, can you spot it.
    branko