05/23/04 (FDC) EVENT pics | FerrariChat

05/23/04 (FDC) EVENT pics

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by austinc36, May 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    didnt end up making it had some problems this morning...but Accident??? hopefully no one got hurt??

2. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    They were fine. No injuries. Very lucky guys. I hope the car was not hurt too bad. About 25 of us spent about 20 minutes trying to push it back, but did not have any luck.

I felt so bad for them.

Adam

3. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    So that's why CHP had us turn around. The Porsche and Lotus guys had just missed this but we heard the sirens from the top of Stunt.

4. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    You should felt glad for them. The drop off there could easily been a
    tragic disaster!!!!!!!!

5. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    wow !
    looks like everybody's ok thank god.
    what happened ?

6. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    TOO MANY CHP!!!!!! I thought they must have had a copy of
    the route map!!!

It is not true that the Lambo contingent tipped them off????

Or if they did, I didn't get the word as the lone Lambo in attendance!

7. mitchski36

mitchski36 Rookie

Apr 25, 2004
    Thanks again to everyone for making my first drive a great one - looking forward to another one soon. If anyone lives in the west LA area and wants to hook up before the next organized drive shoot me a private message.

Hope everyone from the accident is ok.

Mitchell

8. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    lots of fun guys!
    Thanks a million for the invite and the good time.

Great turnout. I wish we would have an enthusiastic group like yours in Florida.

JL and Byron did an exceptional job. Unless you have organized an event like this you don't know how many millions of hours go into it. Great job.

The little of-course....well, lets just say: Everybody learn your lesson and drive to your ability and never EVER lets some idiot push you just becasue he is on your tail.
    This could have ended very different today. Lets just keep it at that!

Driver is okay, passenger is okay, car is okay! No better way that to wake up and learn a lesson. Not just the driver here, but ALL others pushing beyond their means!

Great time guys. Hope to see you all soon.

And did I mention I got a ticket for following J-L too close on the 101 :)

9. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
  10. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
  11. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
  12. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    I was scared for the rest of the trip! I'm glad everyone was okay. Most of all Steve's son.
    The pic with JL and the Mondial in the background is an incredible shot.

13. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Yea, I have to admit I was pretty scared the rest of the drive as well. However, things could have been much much worse :( Thankfully everyone was alright. Steve, take care and be safe!

14. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    I would say in the last month and a half the CHP have been cracking down. Usually they go after the motorcycles but when you see two or three exotics go by it's too good a thing to pass up.

15. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    I agree it could have been MUCH worse, but I still felt bad that their day/week was ruined.

Adam

16. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    I just got back from the birthday party and I immediately looked for postings of today's event. And I'm saddened to see the "incident". Yet I'm glad to hear no one was hurt.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I was only able to gather with you all at the start. I have a thrilling video clip of the start of the event as you all went under the 405. The sound was truly INCREDIBLE! And a short clip along PCH.

Thanks to Byron and JL for organizing another great event. Next event, I should be there with my DINO. She should be all finished in another week or so (fingers crossed).

Take care all and have fun,

Manny

17. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles

I second that thanks Byron and Jean-Louis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. SAF1

SAF1 Karting

Jun 26, 2003
    OC CA & Bangkok
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for all your help today. I just want let you that My son & I are all OK and got home safe.

The tow truck came and pulled the car out and the car was fine except minor cosmetic damages. I drove the car to a carwash and cleaned up all the debris and drove it home. It drives fine. I will get the spoiler fixed next week.

19. Cannoli

Cannoli Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Norman
    Though we all had a moment of reflection today (we are glad to hear that Steve and Cameron are okay), my wife and I had a great time ... thank you FX, thank you Byron, and thank you JL!

It was great meeting old acquaintances and meeting new folks. Great selection of roads and we enjoyed the Sagebrush Cantina.

20. Noble_GTO

Noble_GTO Rookie

May 23, 2004
    Encino, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Hi all,

Just wanted to thank Byron & JL for putting on a fantastic event!

This was my first Ferrari driving event. What an amazing array of cars!

Before arriving, I wasn't sure what to expect. I found a fun and friendly group, & though I only had a chance to talk to a few people, I'm looking forward to meeting more of you at future events.

On a more serious note.. Best wishes to the Mondial driver.. It was very fortunate the car didn't make it another couple feet forward, and that ultimately the experience will have only cost some money (which can be replaced...)

Marc
    '04 Noble GTO 3R

21. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Nice meeting you Marc! Gorgeous car you have there!

22. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Just chiming in to echo the sentiments above and once again than Byron and JLM for another great event and all their hard work :) Great to see some old friends again and meet some new ones. Enjoyed lunch with Kevin, Richard, and Jordan. We really do have a great group! Martin, glad to finally meet you and great you could make it out for this...sorry to hear about the ticket. Steve, very glad you guys were ok, I can't tell you how scary it was to drive around the corner and see an F-car dangling in space off the edge of a cliff!

Cheers!
    ~Chris

23. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    PS - Marc, amazing to finally see a Noble in the states instead of just the pages of Evo, Car or Top Gear - very cool! :)

24. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Here are my photos from day! Despite a few mishaps, CHP encounters, etc, it was great fun overall! The group was great and the food at the Sagebrush Cantina was absolutely delicious! Pleasure seeing everyone as always!

Thanks for the ride Martin!