08 F430 spyder | FerrariChat

08 F430 spyder

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ash H, Jun 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ash H

Ash H Rookie

Jun 17, 2018
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ashor Haido
    just purchased an 08 f430 to be shipped by the end of this week. My first Ferrari ever. Excited very much. Needed some tips on shifting and parking. Btw F1.

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Congrats! Suggest you zip over to the 360/430 forum and read some of the threads over there. You’ll find lots of information and answers.
    I have an 08 430 as well and find around 4K rpm as a sweet spot for normal shifting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3. Ash H

Ash H Rookie

Jun 17, 2018
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ashor Haido
    Thank you Bob. Obviously I’m new to this site as well I’m trying to figure out all the ins and outs. Will do thanks for the advice.

Ash

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    1st tip, let the car cycle before hitting the start button. Put the key in, turn it the car comes to life - let it finish.
    2nd tip, leave it in race mode
    3rd tip, avoid reversing up steep inclines
    4th, go drive it. Take your time, enjoy it.
    Oh and if it going to sit for a few days put it on a tender.

5. Ash H

Ash H Rookie

Jun 17, 2018
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ashor Haido
    Thank you GH for the reply.... will follow your tips

6. Ash H

Ash H Rookie

Jun 17, 2018
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ashor Haido
    I understand the F1 has a unique start as if it is a 5 speed. I’d love some tips on starting the car and when putting in park. What positions should the shift levers be in??

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    When you start the car it will default to N, when you shut down you can leave it in 1st. I always used the E brake as well. Also, when starting wait for all the lights to turn off, I mentioned before to let it cycle through its start up process. I think people have had problems/error codes because they go too fast. Also, let it idle for a minute or two before taking off. I just found the car to run smoother when you do this.

I failed to also mention that you should leave the top up if you are parking it for an extended time.

Other than this it is straightforward.

8. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Congrats, just bought an F1 430 myself, and I looooove it!

Couple of things I thought helpful:

1. Make sure you have a great dealer or indie for maintenance (and a budget).
    2. Ask for all original parts and maintenance records.
    3. The little compartment in the center between head rests...yeah, there is a button to open that lol
    4. Don’t play with the leather straps in the boot, they are cheap and break easy.
    5. Think of her as an exotic model, lots of four play to let her warm up...you can’t just jump in the bed and start humping her leg.
    6. Be ready for a LOT of attention, unwanted or not.
    7. Make a list of all the cool, windy roads/places you want to drive her...then do it!
    8. Read the thread on how to sit in your Ferrari, surprising there is a process that will save your bolsters and leather.
    9. Have a full service done before your first trip out, peace of mind is badass.
    10. She likes to go fast, really really fast....start slow, but once she’s warmed up, she gets screaming hot, and expects you to push her past that limit...enjoy that!

Welcome to Fcar land, greatest place on earth!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Actually good point about getting hot. After a long or spirited drive, I would open the rear hatch to help the engine bay cool. It gets super hot back there.

10. Ash H

Ash H Rookie

Jun 17, 2018
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ashor Haido
    Thank you gentlemen for all your tips.
    Much appreciated.

11. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    Congrats, I also have a 08 430 Spider great choice and agree all Gh61631 said

12. Brevson

Brevson Rookie

Jan 20, 2014
    I'm looking at a 2008 F430, Coupe, less than 3k miles and VIN #ZFFEW58A680159276. This car was purchased and the history says for a corporate fleet vehicle and then the second owner only had it for two months. The car is currently for sale by a very reputable dealer in Florida. Anybody know anything about this car.