$130K for a F50 with 23k miles on it!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

$130K for a F50 with 23k miles on it!!!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Sfumato, Dec 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
  2. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    Hi all, have exchanged several emails with the "seller". I can tell you it is a scam. The guy wanted me to exchange some sort of computer hardware + cash for the car. VERY FISHY. Let's forget it.

3. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    yes, you can import an F-50. ONe of our club members got his from Japan. It was $$$$ to convert.

4. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    This car is now for sale at Ebay. For $150,000.

Here's the link:
    http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2450373732&category=9835

Look at the option. It says the F50 has:
    -Keyless entry (maybe if you are sporty enough you can jump in the car :)
    -Side airbags
    -Navigation system (can't see it on the pic)

I don't think an F50 had this option. Or did it?

And even one option I never heard about on an F50: a spoiler :)

5. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    HAHAHAHA . . .

The car is listed on Ebay Spain only but it's located in Mineola, NY, how come his english is sooo horrible?

Look at one of the other 2 items this guy is trying to sell:

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14312&item=2368337514

Filet Mignion, beef,Tenderloin, meat, Ribeye US $11,00

Cow meat cuts , feed from natural grass from Uruguay. The meat is imported by airplane, it is air vacumed. We get our meat to every state around the USA from JFK , New York to the nearest airport from your location. Freight is economic and VERY QUICK ! Please place your order via E-mail to [email protected] telefax 5167418396 telephone5164140633 cel 5167078348

Aparecido Arcides Duran
    247 Washington Ave
    Mineola, NY 11501-2412
    516-741-8396
    http://www.aduranenterprise.com/index.htm
    Anybody in that area wants to stop by and check out the car?

6. fly

fly Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Must sell a lot of meat to afford an F50 and the meat must be good!

7. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I send the guy an email "Warning" him someone is trying to sell his car via DuPoint Registry. Here is his response. Anybody can translate this?

Gracias por vuestro email, lamentablemente no se ingles apropiadamente, pero le comento que estoy intentando colocar productos que estan en el mercado local*de USA.

En el mercado Internacional, logicamente obtengo informacion de productos y trato de ubicarlos en el mundo a un mejor precio, agradesco desde ya su informacion y confio en la INTERNET para lograr un buen fin para todos, cordialmente, Duran

PD Feliz Ano Nuevo.

8. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    How can the car be located in both Indonesia and NY at the same time??? The guy must think Ferrari buyers are dump and stupid.

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Ferrari - by request:
    Here's how it translates on Google Language Tools - with hilarious results;

Thanks for your email, lamentably not ingles appropriately, but him comment that I am trying to place products that estan in the market local*de the USA. In the market the International, logicamente I obtain product data and treatment to locate them in the world to a better price, agradesco from already their information and confio in the Internet to obtain a good aim for all, sincerely, New Anus Lasts Happy PS.
    -
    Always Double-check! Translated back to Spanish, then to English again...

Thanks for its email, lamentably not ingles appropriately, but he commentary that I am trying to place products that estan in local*de of the market the E.E.U.U.. In the market the international, logicamente I collect data of the product and the treatment to locate them in the world to a better, agradesco price already of its information and confio in the Internet to obtain a good aim for all, new Anus lasts the happy picosecond sincerely.
    -
    The above finally proves that PS is not "PostScript" - rather "picosecond." I knew it!
    ---
    yimn - "dump and stupid"? heeheehee

10. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Guys...

Indonesia is one of the poorest countries in the world and "cheap F50's" don't exist, not even there.

We get loads of orders from Indonesia through all our shops (at least 10 a week), they are never modest, order at least 50 pcs. of each unique Enzo Ferrari signed item, ALWAYS want shipment by courier, regardless of cost. But of course they are always serious collectors that know what they are buying....

According to the emails we get, there are currently about 1,500,000 people setting up a Ferrari shop in Indonesia and they all need to stock up through us.

Strange thing is that they ALWAYS want shipment to some vague indonesian name but have credit cards in the name of Alfred Dunn, John brown, Pia Zadora etc. They are NOT able to make bank transfers... credit cards only...

Call ANY credit card company and ask them what the fraud rate from indonesia is...

Universal answer: 100%. Not 99.9% or so but a flat 100%!

So, don't spend any time or effort on this buy of the century F50 from Indonesia, it is just another fraud...

I would apologize for the above to any "good" Indonesians of course but I first have to find one...

Jack

11. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    This F50 is also for sale at www.carclassic.com , but he's asking 450,000 euro for the car. I sended him an email, and he told me that the dupontregistry and the ebay adds are fake!! You can see that on the 2 sites the same pics are used as on carclassic.

The guy of carclassic told me that he don't have enough time to go after these guys.

12. marcos

marcos Formula 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Zuid-Holland - Nethe
    Full Name:
    Marc den D.
    This is just an advertising stunt.... ...the same '97 F50 is for sale at Classic Car Collection Geneve for 450.000 euro!!! Take a look at: http://www.carclassic.com/html/DM25.htm

They would never sell this F50 for 130K! This is pure valse advertising!!!