16M featured on Richard Hammond's new DVD - wow! | FerrariChat

16M featured on Richard Hammond's new DVD - wow!

Discussion in '360/430' started by hifipj, Nov 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hifipj

hifipj Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2009
    Hi all,

I was somewhat skeptical about the degree to which the 16M was worshiped on this board - as Clarkson would say, it's like 'a scaled down version of God' to many on here. But then, I've just seen Richard Hammond's new 'Top Gear Uncovered' DVD where he visits Modena and drives the 16M through the mountain roads (along with the special edition Gallardo, designed for their test driver, and a new Pagani Zonda). Holy cow, that thing sounds beautiful (an angry kind of beautiful). And to experience those cars, in the setting they were born in, well it's truly a dream for anyone passionate about Ferrari and Italian cars in general. Great DVD and definitely worth a watch.

Patrick

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Richard-Hammonds-Top-Gear-Uncovered/dp/B002KSA4BA

2. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Very cool...I just ordered my DVD!

Tim

3. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I think your age and how you feel about 8cyl. vs. a 12 cyl. engine has a lot to do with how you feel about a 16M. I own a 599 and I track my car quite often. I have been unhappy with the amount of bodyroll I get and had seriously considered trading her in on a 16M. Got to drive one a couple of weeks ago at my local dealer with 700miles on the odo and top down. Definately lighter and more tossable. Got a lot more attention especially when hitting the top end of the tach. if I was 20 years younger in boy racer mode no contest.
    But personally I didn't really care much for the added attention. I prefer the stealth mode of my 599. While I enjoy the music coming from my 12cyl. Especially the way I can control where and when I want to use it. I found the 16M. engine a constant in my face distraction to me and especially the police. It was a definate rush for short periods. But I began to tire of it rather quickly and would find it annoying listening to it for extended periods. I was especially disappointed in the torque and pulling power of its engine. Compared to my 599 the 16M. engine seemed weak. As to comfort and interior finish the 599 was way ahead of the game. In the corners on a short track the 16M. is a definate winner. But for me it was no contest. I will keep my baby or upgrade to an HGTE.

4. pmotoring

pmotoring Formula Junior

May 8, 2009
    HONG KONG
    Full Name:
    PAT PAT
    nice review by Clarkson...

5. Pazzo Canguro

Pazzo Canguro Rookie

Nov 29, 2009
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcello
    I just want ..A..Ferrari Full stop......