1958 Ferrari 250 ‘Pontoon Fender’ Testa Rossa, serial number 0738 TR | Page 8 | FerrariChat

1958 Ferrari 250 ‘Pontoon Fender’ Testa Rossa, serial number 0738 TR

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by McQueen908Porsche, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  2. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
  3. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    What would you estimate it to be? :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

4. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
  5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    OK, we'll need to get Tom S. in here, for a ruling on the screwdriver.....

I'll admit I was wrong..........:rolleyes:

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #181 BigTex, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Good point, as they usually had Duane Allman sitting in, delivering some tasty slide licks.....

8. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    If I had to guess I'd guess that the reserve is set
    too high,about 12 and the car won't sell.

No major races,colorful life. People who can
    afford these cars want a great one.

9. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Don't call Tom S., he'd part-out the car........

10. EarlyFerrari

EarlyFerrari Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 10, 2010
    No, not in the case of 0738 so called "claimed history".

11. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #186 NeuroBeaker, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I would say you're on thin ice... except that I think you fell through a while ago now.

Regards,
    Andrew.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast

You claimed you had factory documents on the 908, do you have any similar evidence on 0738 ?

13. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Put up or Shut up

14. EarlyFerrari

EarlyFerrari Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 10, 2010
  15. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Put up or Shut up - you've got 1/2 an hour.

16. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #191 NeuroBeaker, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    Good move on the deadline, I think it's time we either hear what he (thinks he) knows or put this behind us. :D

17. EarlyFerrari

EarlyFerrari Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 10, 2010
    You guys need to check the FIA rules, from the period, when the so called 0738 was "claimed" to have raced with the replica GTO body shell and original 1958 250TR tube frame chassis. The FIA would *never* allowed 0738 to race with such a early tube frame 250TR chassis, in any class.

All it takes is one in the period picture of the GTO replica chassis frame, and that is the end of the/this story, bottom line.

18. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    HOLY CRAP!!! Ten pages and nearly 200 posts! Is this clown still at this?

I just got to Monterey, checked in late last night and saw the 0738/TR on display in the Portola Plaza Lobby. Looks fantastic... of course, why would it not!

I have gotten 200+ emails and my phone has been ringing off the hook. For the record again, I have no involvement with this car and appreciate everyone's concern and kind words as well as support.

I really did not plan on making this car the sole subject of my week in Monterey. I simply am sick and tired of the bad-mouthing that goes on especially when it directly effects a well known and fully described iconic machine such as 0738/TR.

Who is this freak and what is his major malfunction?

If anyone can identify him or a company as an individual, please bring it to RM's attention.

Even if no one gives him any credibility, RM will have a field day if this car does not sell on the block and !@#$% rape this guy legally simply for the principle and the fact that there is legal procedures when things like this happen.

What kind of idiot would invite such negative attention in this day and age?

In any case, I am here in Monterey and will be happy to meet with all who are here... Hopefully one or two of you will have possibly a fleeting interest in something I can actually make a buck or two off of!

Ciao,

Bill Noon

19. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Then post said picture as your evidence or be gone.

Absolutely nothing you have said has been substantiated in any way.

20. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Jerry can do makeup and set design for the movie - I think it would set the right tone :D.

Regards,

Art S.

21. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Possibly libel (text media) in this case, although the seller of the car would have to show he/she sustained damages, either through a "did not sell" or weak price realized. Probably a good time to stop posting...

I'm sure RM has lawyers. Not sure why people feel compelled to hang themselves on the Internet...

22. EarlyFerrari

EarlyFerrari Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 10, 2010
    #197 EarlyFerrari, Aug 11, 2010
    If 0738 is what you "claim" the history to be, as the truth, then what are you worry about sir? Everyone in America has the right to their own opinion. Ever heard of Glenn Beck?

Did you know that the USRRC racing Cobra CSX2557 had all 4 fender flares "cut out" of the body in the 70s to run much larger tires (no). And 2557 was also wrecked 2-times (true history from years ago). And this information was not printed in the 2008 SAAC Cobra Registry (why? Cover-up?)

23. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    LIAR BEWARE - You're reaching, pal. - NOT *EVERYTHING* GOES ON A RESUMÉ/C.V.

Prêmio - Prova John Kennedy - Interlagos - anel externo [OUTER RING] 11/10/1964

Mecanica Continental, esporte e [SPORT AND] Formula Junior

1. Roberto Gallucci, Maserati-Corvette, 50 v
    2. Ubaldo Cesar Lolli, Maserati 3000, 49 v
    3. Luiz Carlos Valente, Alfa Corvette 4500, 48 v
    4. Ze Peixinho, Maserati-Corvette 4500, 47 v
    5. Mario Cesar de Camargo Filho, Landi Jr, DKW, 47 v
    6. Wladimir Fakri, Maserati-Lancia 2500, 45 v
    7. Eduardo Celidonio, Maserati 3000, 44 v
    8. Lauro Soares, Landi Jr Gordini, 42 v
    9. Antonio C. Aguiar, Ferrari-Corvette 4500, 41 v
    10. Camilo Christofaro, Maserati-Corvette 4500, 36 v
    11. Ayres Bueno Vidal, Maserati-Simca 2500, 35 v
    12. Marivaldo Fernandes, Poreche 2000, 33 v
    13. Augusto Marcos Lolli, Ferrari 2000, 20 v
    14. Bica Votnamis, Maserati-Corvette 4500, 14 v
    15. Alcides Camporezzi, Maserati-Corvette 4500, 14 v
    16. Luciano della Porta, Ferrari 3000, 5 v

- 16th Place is exactly as stated by RM, et al - place was due to wreck on turn 5

By '65, the argument was whether it's configuration was a prototype or GT.
    _____

I hate wasting my time on idiots.

24. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    #199 Ney, Aug 11, 2010
    Oh good....the LA library system is open early and the clock is ticking......

So let's recap.

Your original IP address is from LA, and your second identity has you posting from the LA library. Clearly you have made some effort to hide your identity and therefore your motives. I might have expected a Belgium IP address, but OK.

In 2008, you were happy to publicly shill the 908 to be auctioned by Bohnams as “priceless” and an “easy 6 million dollar unit”…until controversy over which car is which results in the removal of the car from the auction. One would presume this action results in a diminution of financial reward for the auction house, its employees and the seller.

You have made great efforts to publicly discredit the identity of the German 908, posting comments on automotive websites and on other videos of the car as well as making your own YouTube posting on the car labeling it a fraud.

You have been routinely banned from some of the Cobra websites for rude, antisocial, condescending troll-like behavior.

You seem to have a particular dislike of cars auctioned by RM (Cobra, CSX 3301 and Testa Rossa, 0738).

You have started this discussion thread and made several public postings positing that the car to be auctioned this weekend by RM is not real, but have failed to provide any shred of evidence as to the credibility of your claims. The timing of this, while couched as a public service seems more plausible as an attempt to intentionally damage the cars current owner, auction house and employees. This is a bit like yelling fire in a crowded theater as you become directly responsible for any resulting injury, real or perceived.

You publicly state that you are “a Specal (sic) Investigator with the C.C.F.B http://USCCFB.com (U.S.A.).” The website, while attempting to look very official is laughable, as no such bureaucratic organization exists. The indication of copyright protection is ironic, as the site logo utilizes a photo produced by RM. In addition, it links the law firm of Latham & Watkins. I sincerely hope that you have a relationship with this firm, as you may soon need their defense services.

What is apparent is that you are attempting to exert control and influence over certain automobile histories and peoples business through unsubstantiated allegation, innuendo and perhaps entering knowingly untruthful statements into public circulation. That is libelous.

25. EarlyFerrari

EarlyFerrari Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 10, 2010
    Mr.Wax, you don't know what you are talking about...so go ahead now and ban me too...OK sir. Good day.