For Sale - 1960 Maserati 3500 GT | FerrariChat

For Sale 1960 Maserati 3500 GT

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by east coast surfer, Jul 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. east coast surfer

Mar 25, 2016
    Bound Brook, NJ
    Full Name:
    Thomas Miller
    #1 east coast surfer, Jul 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    • 1960 Maserati 3500 GT
      4 Speed, Triple Webers, Power Disc Brakes
      Preserved survivor car which has stood the test of time.
      Matching numbers as Certified by Fabio Collina, Manager of Maserati Classiche.
      New Master Cylinder, Power Booster and Brake lines
      Rebuilt water pump and generator.
      New Cap, rotor, plugs, wires. Tune up including filters.
      New water hoses and oil hoses.
      Oil change and filter.
      Gas tank removed and flushed, 2 new electric fuel pumps, lines and filters.
      New Pirelli "V" rated tires and balancing.
      New Battery
      Original Tool roll and Jack.
      The car has covered only 89,837 Kilometers (55,822 miles).

Built in August of 1960, the car was delivered new to Milano Italy. Sometime late 60s the owner sent the car over to his brother in NY where it was registered and driven until 1973. I purchased the car in August of 2013. The car is very original with what appears to be most of its original “Grigio Bristol” paint and white Connolly leather interior. Headliner and carpets also original. This car is the most desirable 3500 body configuration with round front makers and single vent windows. Maserati 3500 GTs were built in Carrozzeria Touring with an aluminum skin over steel space frame in Supperleggera style. The car has a solid frame with no major accidents or heavy rust.
    This 3500 GT runs and drives well. It is registered and currently on the road. I have all the service records for work I had done. Anthony Castellano at Garage Italia in Long Island City, NY did the work in while in 60’s and 70’s. Asking $185,000. email: [email protected]

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer, dsd, k wright and 4 others like this.
  2. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    An original, unmolested example of a GREAT car! These early units are rare with the lower seat backs, and wind up windows instead of the tricky electric units. They only made something like 2000 of these over their span. They are great looking, and aluminum skinned. I just don't understand why these cars haven't earned the value that the more plebian Aston Martin enjoy.
    GLWS

Ferraripilot likes this.
  3. east coast surfer

Mar 25, 2016
    Bound Brook, NJ
    Full Name:
    Thomas Miller
    Thanks, Aston Martin bodies designed by same company Carrozzeria Touring, and used same patented Superleggeria construction method. Both had dual overhead cam straight six engines, but the series 1 DB 4 of the time only had twin SU carbs and single plugs, opposed to triple Webers, with twin plugs and dual point distributor. If not for James Bond movies there would be no contest in price!

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    Thomas,
    well said ( above)

that is a very undervalued classic car.
    it should be 2X that price.
    Aluminum body. mmmmm etc.
    ( smile)

(it’s a bargain, for, ,,just the small cost of ownership.)

dsd likes this.
  5. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    So True! If I didn't already have one (also an original paint, patina car), and if I wasn't so far (I'm on the left Coast), I'd be all over this one.

6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    What a gorgeous car!! Wow it is in amazing condition, I love the patina.

absostone likes this.
  7. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    really cool car.

absostone likes this.
  8. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Awesome. Really one of the greatest designs. GLWS!