1961 3500 GT info. | FerrariChat

1961 3500 GT info.

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by F456M, Feb 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hello all Maserati friends.

I am offered this car. A driving restoration project. Anybody knows this car?? Really apprechiate your input here, or by PM. I don't have the chassis number yet. The car is according to the seller located in the UK, but was owned by his Polish grandfather. I have not seen the car yet, but it looks quite ok. I just want to know as much as possible before proceeding with any transactions... For some reason I feel these pictues are old "internet pictures", and not pictures representing the car in its current condition.... Please let me know if you know anything about this car. It's not THAT many red 3500s in Europe afterall.

Thanks a lot for all inputs!!

Erik

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    "It's not THAT many red 3500s in Europe afterall. "

There are two red 3500GT in one of the photos :)

I get suspicious anytime a seller claims the car belonged to his "grandfather". It could be true but most of the times it is a scam. Ask the seller for a photos of the VIN and a copy of whatever official document (in the USA it would be the title) shows proof of ownership. A real seller will have no problem providing you this .... a scammer will find many excuses as to why he cannot do this, such as he is currently in a business trip in China.

Notice that the trunk has no holes for the rear license plate. This means it has never had a license plate after it was painted .... which to me says this car probably has not been driven in a long time.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Ivan

3. Dr. K.

Dr. K. Karting

Mar 23, 2011
    Be careful!!

4. awohlmann

awohlmann Karting

Jul 6, 2008
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Alfred Wohlmann
    Hi Erik,
    To be sure not to fall into a scam, ask for the address where the car can be inspected. You (or a friend from the UK) may have a look at the car to see if it really exists.
    I would not pay ANY money in advance !
    Alfred

5. vlasic ludovic

vlasic ludovic Karting

Apr 13, 2015
    Nice France
    Full Name:
    Vlasic ludovic
    I would stay away ....

6. Aramon

Aramon Rookie

Nov 30, 2012