News

1964 158 (205B) Engine Specifications

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by engine.ear, Nov 7, 2019.

1. engine.ear

engine.ear Rookie

Nov 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Noah Armistead
    I would really like to see technical drawings of the 158 engine (or photos of the front or bottom) as I am hoping to build a functional LEGO model. Diagrams with dimensions would be helpful, but otherwise if any of the following dimensions are known, it would be super helpful:

- Bore spacing
    - Piston pin diameter
    - Valve angles
    - Spark plug angles
    - Valve lengths and diameters
    - Valve and spring assembly details
    - Does the block split like the 312B block?
    - Camshaft and cam dimensions
    - Distance from the crankshaft centerline to the bottom of the engine block (was extended because this was one of the first engines to be used as a structural member of the car)
    These are just dimensions that I haven't already gotten a number for. Any dimensions of the crank diameter, big end journal, or connecting rod length from additional sources will be greatly appreciated since I got them from a source that has the following discrepancy.
    It is on multiple sites (including Ferrari's own) that the bore and stroke are 67mm and 52.8mm respectively but one book I found "1 1/2-litre Grand Prix Racing: Low Power, High Tech," seems to imply that the original bore and stroke for the engine "was to be 64mm by 57.8mm, giving it a capacity of 1488cc." Might it have been designed that way and changed during testing? Does anyone know where this might have been recorded?
    Thanks guys!

2. To remove this ad click here.