For Sale - 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV2000 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV2000

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Vegas CS, Nov 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Hello F-Chat,

Up for sale is my 1074 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 that I bought off of BaT July '20. I was caught abroad at the time of purchase due to covid, had it imported from Vancouver, BC, and delivered to a friends house who kept it in his garage until I picked it up from him Jan '21. Due to covid nonsense and the massive influx to Californians to NV, I just now got it registered and am awaiting receipt of the clear title from the NV DMV which I should receive in a few weeks. The car is originally from San Diego and has the compliance tag in the doorjam so registering it with the clear NV title should be easy for a prospective buyer.

The car has 63,990 miles on the clock and is in excellent shape. The car was recently inspected, and though the inspector did not divulge much information (he was hired by a prospective buyer), he did say the frame was clean, straight, and rust free and that the body appeared to be as well.

To be clear, this is not a Concourse de Elegance level, dust/dirt free, vehicle. It is a brilliant, clean, and well presented road car that could be driven daily. Example.....I live in Las Vegas, drove it to a shop to meet them, and talk to them about further possible modifications. It was 114* in Aug. The freeway was closed and I had to drive 20 miles/45 mins home in stop/go traffic. The Alfaholics aluminum radiator along with the SPAL fan kit from Alfaholics kept the car cool. Certainly cooler than the driver with water temps not exceeding 195*. The only known issues with the car are as follows:

- turn signals do not "flash". They come on and stay on. I cannot find the flasher relay but believe it just needs to be changed

- there is a very small engine oil leak that produces about 8-10 drips

- passenger inside door handle requires adjustment. it locks the door and actuates the linkage, just not enough to open the door. The outer door handle functions normally

I have no other information about the car prior to it being under my care other than what is mentioned in the BaT listing and comments. That listing can be found here for reference: 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 for sale on BaT Auctions - closed on July 20, 2020 (Lot #34,095) | Bring a Trailer

I've done a bit of work to it in an attempt to make it look like a late 60's/early 70's Mille Miglia racecar. I have receipts for the parts I've installed which will be included. The pictures are current and the car will come with spare parts including: front and rear bumpers (with bolts/brackets/license plate lights on the rear and front turn signals), mess grill set, set of DCOE30 Bologna webber carbs, rubber carb mounts, full sized battery). The meatballs are vinyl decals which can easily be peeled off. They were applied by a local vehicle wrap shop. Windshield wipers, heater, interior fan, gauges, interior lights all work. There was an aftermarket stereo in the car with custom kick panel speakers. I removed the radio from the glove box and re-installed the original map pocket kick panels. I left the wiring in tact and the stereo/speaker panels will come with the car.

Price is $55,000 USD

Feel free to text or call me with questions. I'm willing to facetime or take pictures of any specific part of interest. Here is a list of little jobs I've completed while the car has been under my care and some photos.

cheers!
    Jim

Jan-Feb 2021:

- Replaced tires w/ Yokohama Advan Flevia 195 55 15 | Discount Tire (pressures 30psi F / 28psi R)

- Removed front/rear bumpers

- Replaced front parking/turn signal lights | Alfaholics

- Replaced wood shift knob with stock black US knob | Centerline Alfa

- Replaced broken rearview mirror | Alfaholics mirror / Ebay bracket

- Removed rear top spring spacers to lower rear of car

- Installed Pipercross air filter | Alfaholics

- Installed battery bracket/Odessey lightweight battery | Alfaholics

- Installed GTA black front grill kit | Alfaholics

- Removed stereo from glovebox and front kick panel speakers

- Installed stock map pockets in front kick panels

- 21” white racing meatballs installed on doors | Incognito Wraps

June 2021:

- Installed billet carburetor mounts | Alfaholics

- Installed 40mm intake trumpets | Alfaholics

- Removed stock radiator cooling fan blade

- Installed Alfaholics SPAL 12” fan/inline thermostatic switch/relay harness | Alfaholics

- Removed HID headlight kit (bulbs and wiring)/installed Sylvania Silverstar H4 bulbs to stock connectors

- Replaced cracked right side headlight | Alfaholics

- Oil/filter | 63,835 miles | 5.73qts Valvoline VR1 20W-50/URI 2312700 filter/magnetic sump plug/crush washer

- Flush/fill rear differential fluid | 63,855 miles | ~ 1.5L Valvoline 20W-90 gear oil

August 2021:

- Replaced fuel pump, fuel lines (tank to filter/filter to pump/pump to hard line), fuel filter | 63,887 miles | Amazon

- Replaced spark plug wires | Centerline Alfa

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
  3. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    VAF84 likes this.
  4. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Beautiful car and good luck with the sale! I've always had a soft spot for these.

5. SteveVT

SteveVT Karting

Nov 30, 2019
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    Steve
    James-
    Looks like a lovely driver GTV. I am definitely interested. Will send you a text shortly.

Vegas CS likes this.
  6. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

She's a beauty! Fair price too! I wish I was in the market right now. GLWS

7. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
  8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Do you have the original bumpers by chance?

9. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    “The pictures are current and the car will come with spare parts including: front and rear bumpers (with bolts/brackets/license plate lights on the rear and front turn signals)….” :)

10. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    What's funny is I read the ad twice... because I wanted to avoid this... And I missed it twice. Lol.

VAF84 likes this.
  11. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Car is about to go up in BaT in a couple of weeks after we sort the professional photos. Unless someone wants it before the ad goes live.

12. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Couple of vids:

13. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Clean/clear title in my name received today to make a sale quicker and easier.