1983 Mondial Argento Color Code / Two Tone | FerrariChat

1983 Mondial Argento Color Code / Two Tone

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by wiscobadger, Aug 11, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wiscobadger

wiscobadger Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Cory Eastman
    I'm about to have some paintwork done on my 1983 Euro Mondial Coupe. Can someone tell me the location of the factory paint code sticker?

If I can't find it, does someone know what color code Silver (Argento) would be for 1983?

Also, I am looking to do a two tone tribute ala a 512 or 308. Does anyone know what the paint code would be for the grayish/black bottom half of that period Ferrari would be?

Thanks for your help!!

2. pinefieldmoose@gmail. com

May 2, 2022
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    John Hasty
    My 89 T has a paint code sticker under the back trunk lid

DadsFerrari likes this.
  3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The factory paint sticker should be under the back trunk lid.

Being a 1983, your car would be normally (= if not repainted later in her life) in Glasurit paint, and the name of the color is "Argento 101/C", sometimes also called "Argento Nürburgring 101/C"

As per factory instructions, the "Boxer paint scheme" as initially offered on carbed car was obtained by a first coat of Matt Black paint on the lower body, "20.B.50", then a top coat of matt lacquer "20.T.380" (actually very slightly shiny) over it.
    Note that, as it were the instruction for carbed cars, the paint reference are not from Glasurit, which was not the paint provider during the seventies.
    I don't have in my records any information about a change of paint references when the factory switched to Glasurit paints.

Rgds

4. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Nerofer, there might be a nuance there between the 1983 and 1984 101/C:

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Mine was painted in the lighter Argento with very fine metallic effect, the year after is called Argento Nurburgring and slightly darker/heavier metallic effect from what I saw on samples.