1984 308 steering rack issues | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1984 308 steering rack issues

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by bocaspyder360, Jan 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Yeah, it's me ;) How's the 4? It's up on jack stands! Entire front suspension, all four brake calipers and discs, all brake hard-lines and hoses and the above-mentioned steering rack removed.

I'll get around to ripping the rear suspension off and then I'll be able to do all the bushings (front & rear), I'll magnaflux the stub axles, replace the CV boots, etc...

I have another set of Koni shocks I bought off of ebay a few years ago which are in better shape than the current ones on my car, so I'll rebuild and re-finish those and I'm in the midst of doing that as well.

Oh yes, once all of that is done, then I'll do the timing belts!

Will you see me on the 15th? I hope so! I'd like to get this all done by April though!

2. jh355

jh355 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Halluci-Nation
    Full Name:
    Craven Morehead
    Sounds like lot’s of enjoyable pain. and a boat load of work to finish up by the 15th, if you can dedicate the time, you should have it finished. When you’re ready, I stock all the Suspension bushings even the 11 mm rear ones, they are 95A durometer so a bit firmer than stock.

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Peter at least get this done by May! I am working on a drive and meet at H&R Springs in Bellingham, WA for a tech session. I have not confirmed everything with H&R yet, but hope to have it firmed up shortly.

4. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Dude, what about the LaConner run in April?

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Oops, that is the one, but I am planning to change it to Bellingham!

6. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    John,

Could you contact me. I am removing my rack tomorrow and want to make sure I use the correct bushing which I cannot find. I am a GT4 friend of Peters.

Thanks

[email protected]

Rob