Sold - 1991 Mazda Miata DU Mariner Blue 41K Miles | FerrariChat

Sold 1991 Mazda Miata DU Mariner Blue 41K Miles

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by 19633500GT, Jun 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Helping my friend in New Canaan sell his Miata. He's willing to spend some time trying to find a private buyer outside of the auctions, but will lean towards BaT or Cs&Bs if we haven't found it a new home in the next few weeks. Him and his wife are downsizing and likely not moving to their next home with the same amount of garage space.

He's kept it garaged at his home the past 12 or so years and drives it during nice weather.

Here are the specs:

1991 Mazda Miata in Mariner Blue (DU Code) one of 3,633 built in 1991 in that exterior color.
    -cloth sport seats in black/grey
    -manual 5 speed gearbox
    -unused spare donut
    -convertible top tonneau and CA cover
    -top is in excellent condition
    -luggage rack on the trunk
    -41K miles (40,928 but will go up slightly as he drives it during the weekend when it's nice out)
    -tires are good tread wise, but date code outside 5 years old, so recommended to upgrade
    -all OEM except for a CD player that was installed and antennae
    -dry car underneath, I inspected it today personally, I didn't see any rust or corrosion, the suspension components and etc. look like they've been inside and dry for the life of the car
    -all VIN tags in place and matching
    -I do not think it's had any paint work. The early cars had pretty thin clear coat, but the paint is in 8.75/10 condition, very few swirls/micro scratches and it shows very well.

Noted issues: A/C needs a recharge, which I'll do for him if I can get it over to my race shop. And, it's due for it's yearly fluids service (which I'll also do if I have the time soon). Lastly, he noted sometimes the airbag warning light will flash, then be gone and stay off for months, then intermittently re-appear.

He's the 2nd or 3rd owner, it was originally purchased at Mt Kisco Mazda. He purchased it with approximately 27K, and has enjoyed 13K miles of top down fun. But, time for him to move on.

Price: $17,350

Can be seen in Fairfield County CT, but will likely move it up to our storage spot in New Milford, CT.

PM or shoot me a message here on the thread if you're interested.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer and desmomini like this.
  2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I had one of the other 1991 Miatas in this color. Great car, the gear shift is like a toggle switch. GLWS

19633500GT likes this.
  3. geewiz

geewiz Rookie

Jun 13, 2017
    Very interested and would love to connect with you and/or the owner. Have been looking for the right mariner blue miata for a while; the color I've always wanted but never managed to own.

You can reach me as geewiz at gmail, or you may be able to start a PM thread to me here? (I feel a bit foolish messaging in the thread but I can't PM; I'm not sure whether I don't have privs b/c I'm only an occasional reader here, not a poster, or whether I'm just not seeing the right button, heh - sorry)

19633500GT likes this.
  4. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I sent you an email with my contact info. Thanks!

5. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Very cool car. What I learned to drive standard on.

19633500GT likes this.
  6. Santi23

Santi23 Rookie

Feb 5, 2022
    Full Name:
    Santiago Garcia Rosa
    Hi, I am interested in this Miata. Please reach me at sgarciarosa at gmail.

Thanks!

7. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Emailed you with my contact info etc. Thanks

8. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    This Miata is headed to a new home. Mods please close out the thread.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  9. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    What a great little car.

Il Tifoso and 19633500GT like this.