1992 Ferrari 512 TR For Sale, Recent Service, 18,400 miles | Page 10 | FerrariChat

1992 Ferrari 512 TR For Sale, Recent Service, 18,400 miles

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by meandmyredcorvette, Feb 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Welcome aboard. Check out the BB/TR/512 area. That's where all the good stuff is (and the P&R section).

2. FerrariDvr

FerrariDvr Rookie

Apr 3, 2014
    I've been reading theses forms for some time and this is the first one that I felt compelled to join/reply.

High end vintage super-cars, regardless of type (Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc) require you to spend somewhere between 5-10k in general maintenance/upkeep per year, regardless how many miles you drive them. Keep in mind that if they were cheep, everyone would have one. Have you ever heard the old saying "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch".

I can't tell you how many times I've purchased cars in the past, both with 3rd party inspections and without, and after being 100% convinced the car "needs nothing", the damn thing either wouldn't start or run/idle long enough to even back out of the trailer.

Who knows when/how the leak started/occurred on the 512? How many times did the car get loaded/unloaded between pick-up and delivery? The bottom line is this, a Yellow 512 is a sweet, rare ride that is going to do nothing but appreciate in value. Spend the money to repair the leak and start enjoying the car.

If not, sell the car and head to your local Toyota dealership and pick up one of the 25,000 cars they pump out of their plants each day.

In other words, "...stay on the porch..."

3. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    You are lucky, Hagerty wouldn't touch my TR, and I have two other cars with them-LOL.

4. 1mean3

1mean3 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2012
    Hagerty sucks. Have had multiple years and 5-8 cars insured with them at any givin time . Never knew where I stood. Talk to a different person, get a different answere when it came to "if I drove my car to the office one day" or "how many miles am I allowed" or "what if my car got hit ....". Read your policy. Once you realize how much is open to interpretation (never to your benefit) you will start looking for a better solution.

There are better choices.

5. meandmyredcorvette

meandmyredcorvette Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Just saw that the Euro 512 TR on Ebay hit reserve at $99K and it has $2K miles more than the yellow 512 TR. Yellow is extremely rare vs black plus the was car was a Euro car that is worth much less!

6. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    And you are??? Did you sign up to give this buyer your 2 cents?? Usually an introduction to community is well appreciated.

7. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Thanks Haig, I thought the same thing. Awful negative for a noob?