Sold - 1995 456GT $85K | FerrariChat

Sold 1995 456GT $85K

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by cls, Oct 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    With a heavy heart, I am selling my 456GT. Years of back problems and recent surgery have left me unable to drive a manual for the foreseeable future, so I am selling all of my manual cars starting with this one.
    I have what I believe to be the cleanest 456GT available anywhere. A long list of service, and I just got the car back from Ferrari Los Angeles from an annual. New NF2 wheels with PSS tires as well as recently refinished stock wheels with new Conti tires. Aftermarket stereo with bluetooth and satellite radio as well as stock radio (radio is reversible to stock) aftermarket TPMS not yet installed and a Fabio muffler with valves will be coming in a few weeks. Partial luggage included (2 large bags.) Aftermarket custom indoor and outdoor covers. Books and full set of keys included. Car has Montana title when I was registering. It passed smog earlier and can be CA legal. Originally a Canadian car, it was imported with a letter from Ferrari NA and is currently in KM, but is an easy change to miles.

Car is in Los Angeles for inspection.

Currently the car needs nothing to be a reliable driver. It runs showroom new with the new suspension and lifetime warranty on Delta Fee shocks rebuilt a few months ago. When rebuilding the shocks, I did not rebuild the actuators and now have a suspension light diagnosed as a bad actuator. Windows are tight, interior is new with no peeling, no stick parts.
    There is a slight squeak where the dash meets the windshield, I am unable to pull the dash to repair it with some adhesive felt. The right front suspension developed a squeak with the new bushings and shocks, it went away when i sprayed lube. An occasional spray will take car of it, or I believe the arms need to come off so the bushings can be lubed where they meet the chassis.

Attached is a partial list of the work done in the last year and half. I apologize for poor pictures, but I cannot move the car out of the garage at the moment.

New interior
    new carpets
    new mats
    updated intake gaskets
    SRI coolant hoses
    Updated intake gasket
    Mr Injector refurb injectors
    radiator repair to fix any leaks
    new suspension
    delta vee shocks
    new door and trunk seals
    repair trunk latch and light
    stereo update
    novitec wheels
    new tires MPSS
    major service (Francos Europen) with new belts in 12-2016
    engine mounts 575
    recent service at Fast Cars
    Annual service at Ferrari LA
    New Hill Bearings
    new brakes
    feynlab coating and $3000 detail by D'Elegance
    ceramic tint light on windows and windshield
    Fabio Exhaust on the way.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Looks just like my car, only nicer. Is that canna di fucile? Beautiful car, GLWS.

3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nero Carbonio 901C.
    Now that it's near perfect, its more fun to drive than my 612 and it's value is only going up (definitely makes it a tough decision to sell.) I toyed with the idea of selling before I got the car to this state, unfortunately now that I have it here, I can't drive it anymore.

4. chdavis

chdavis Karting

Sep 19, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Interested in selling the wheels?

5. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If someone wants it stock I would, but it needs a little time on the market before I would consider it. They’re pretty expensive at current market I have to warn you.

6. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    can the LLC be bought with the car ?

7. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not likely but everything has a price. Btw it’s in the process of being registered in ca and is 50 state legal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Sorry to hear that you aren't able to enjoy it. I hope your health improves soon.

How many miles on this great car?

9. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I believe it’s 56k km

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Beautiful 456 GT Chris - sorry that health is forcing the sale... GLWS!

Ruben

rcnyc likes this.
  11. chdavis

chdavis Karting

Sep 19, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Okay, let me know.

12. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    beautiful car! sorry to hear about the reason for selling.

good luck!

13. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thank you,
    I am hoping to get my Dr's permission to drive it next weekend to the Piazza Gran Tourismo. At the very least I should be able to pull it out of the garage and take some better pictures.

For the few who have asked, if this doesn't sell before I have to go to Montreal next, I will consider separating the wheels.

14. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm curious why you went with Delta V shocks instead of the stock.

15. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Delta Vee has developed a proprietary seal for the adjustable shock bodies. There is a weak seal in the stock shocks that will fail, while Delta Vee have fixed the problem and provide a lifetime transferable warranty on their rebuilds. You can read more on their site and in the 456/550 forum.
    I can say from experience, Delta Vee stands behind their work and go above and beyond to rectify any problems.

16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    What wheels are those?

17. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
  18. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Forgive all the spelling errors, it’s hard to keep up with autocorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The shock failure was well documented by one of our inquisitive chatters, he dug way into it, when his failed.
    Good update!!

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Great car!!! Glws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Beautiful car! Hope your health improves and best luck with the sale! I really wish I could!!!

23. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    F360-1386 likes this.
  24. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    those Novitec wheels with minor height adjustment just set the 456 completely off..! love the look with those.

25. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    Do you have any pictures of this car outside. It's very hard to tell the color in the shade or at least form the pictures you have posted so far.