1996 Ferrari 355 GTS 6 speed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1996 Ferrari 355 GTS 6 speed

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by msdesignltd, Jan 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Thank you for this extremely helpful explanation of the seller's motives. Now it all makes sense.

Assuming he can make 10% or roughly $15K on this quick flip of the GTS, he just needs to ask the FChatters to help him locate cars - that he can mark up and immediately sell back to them - another 166 times and he should have enough money to buy the 288GTO, assuming it's price doesn't increase in the interim.

I'm thinking about having the FChatters help me with a bake sale so I can save up for a 275GTB!! But don't worry, I plan to keep the 275GTB!

2. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Id keep it to Rob

3. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    There are a lot of supposedly one or two owner Ferraris out there that in reality have been flipped many times. There are very few cars without some sort of story attached to them.

4. scrappin35

scrappin35 Karting

Dec 13, 2011
    FT Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Jim H
    Assuming he can make 10% or roughly $15K on this quick flip of the GTS, he just needs to ask the FChatters to help him locate cars - that he can mark up and immediately sell back to them - another 166 times and he should have enough money to buy the 288GTO, assuming it's price doesn't increase in the interim.

If he's paying taxes on the net he'll need another 58 flips.... just sayin

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    NYS Sales tax is 8.75%. It's likely the car has not been titled and the prior title will be passed to new owner (title jump)

6. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Is that legal in NY? In CA that is a no go these days...

7. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Wow.. and now we have another.. Maybe we should wager again.. I think this is a classic case of being a user.. and abuser.. He buys the car.. sits in it once then sells it.. He is looking for a car he is not afraid to drive.. Good luck with the sale.. Talk to me.. lets make another wager on this one..

R

8. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Nope - it's not legal in any state that I am aware. Only dealers are allowed to do this.

9. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #34 msdesignltd, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    Ahh..Dathan....I was wondering when you would appear from your miserable Life again..
    You are like a bear who hibernates until I dangle my evil carrot in front of your cave.
    Here ya go buddy...Grab it , I know you are Hungry to make a killing.

Just for the record..I am not ashamed of anything I do..This is a free World Market based on capitalism and the pursuit of happiness.
    I paid whoever sells.... good money, because they need to sell.
    I sell what I get for good money ,... because they want to buy.
    No gun is held to anyones head and good faith is held in every transaction.
    What I do with my car is my business whether I drive it or not.
    This Car is registered, I am enjoying driving it, and it is Glorious !

As I have said before..The Haters here need to get a life now..and stop the crappo.

Haters :pLEASE READ THE MODERATORS ADVISE...if you can actually read at all.
    I suggest you all end your negative comments here

Global Moderator

Post New Rules Effective 12 June 2015: Posting Comments in Classifieds
    Anyone posting in a classified thread, other than the thread creator, must be: 1) asking a legitimate and relevant question; 2) providing accurate, first-hand information on that specific car, item, or seller; or 3) leaving a quick compliment/GLWS comment. All other commentary (negative comments regarding the condition or asking price, comparing asking price to current market/recent sales/other cars for sale, etc.) will be deleted and repeat offenders will be subject to infraction/ban/etc at the discretion of the moderators.

10. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Let's be clear here.

I don't think that anyone is giving negative comments on the car or on "the condition or asking price, comparing asking price," etc.

All of the negative comments are directed at you and the way you take advantage of Fchatters and the community. That is completely relevant to the sale of the car and the thread and is completely within the rules.

I said in my earlier post that in your other thread where you asked Fchatters to help you find a 355 GTS that you "always wanted" a 355 GTS like this one. Therefore the next question is why are you selling the car back to the very people who helped you find it (at a premium, of course) after just taking delivery? Since you said that it's a car you "always wanted," so there are only two possible answers that I can think of, neither of which inspire confidence.

Answer number 1: Something is wrong with the car and you need to get out of it because it's a hot potato.

Answer number 2: You're just a lier. It's not a car you've "always wanted" and "loved" like you said. You're just using Fchatters help you find a car that they like so that you can flip back to them for a 10% gain. And to think that you would sell your fellow Fchat community out for 10% speaks absolute volumes about you and your character.

And again, this is completely relevant as whoever buys the car should know exactly with whom they are dealing. If you don't like it, you should have thought about it five or six flips ago when you were first called out on it by your Testarossa brethren who thought you were using and abusing their good will and help.

There's nothing wrong with flipping cars if that's what you do. It's the slimy, dishonest way you have gone about it that everyone is upset about.

I am so glad that you are "not ashamed" of anything you do. That speaks even more to your character. As far as calling this "the pursuit of happiness," I am so sad that you derive happiness from using the community and its members for monetary gain. I would never be able to sleep at night.

Let's just call a spade a spade here (which last I checked was also completely within the rules of the classifieds) and just pony up for a dealer account and do it on the up and up so that everyone can understand what you are. Then next time you ask people to help you, they know that they are helping you to make money for yourself and not for the benefit of the community.

11. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #36 msdesignltd, Jan 12, 2016
    Ahh...Mr.Badtuna, The Self Rightous one you are back too...Hiding behind this " COMMUNITY PHRASE " like Dathans left hand..maybe you should run for Monitor of the year, you love the community and contribute so much.

NO ONE...Replied with the car i would consider but a dealer...But anyone who would reply would obviously be looking to sell..I am not taking advantage of anyone, I am actually helping " THE COMMUNITY "...your community.
    and Hiding behind my quote." I always wanted this car...I do, I did, and I will have more , alot more . I learn every aspect of a car from top to bottom by acquiring Many of a model and perfecting them...and many more.

Slime....Yes its the slime that contorts the truth in what is said that needs to fess up starting with your act.

12. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I thought I asked one, but didn't see a response.

13. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    #38 355dreamer, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If he would have bought the 288 GTO many years ago he would likely have been in a much better position.

15. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Guess its in bad taste to flip cars on fchat but most of us do post in p&r in defense of capitalism...

16. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    It's not bad taste to flip. It's bad taste to lie to the community. It's a scumbag move. Oh I always wanted and wished for a 355 GTS. Then how do you perfect it. You washed the car and got your fancy camera then photoshopped for effect and off you go. I don't care that you do it. Just don't say it's not a scumbag move. It's being dishonest. Oh wait. That word does not apply to you.

Where's my scotch.

R

17. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Another contorted lie , check the thread.
    As i never claimed that before the sale
    That statement was a joyous endorsement for yellow compass after the sale
    Dathan is to good a title for you.
    Mr.Scumbag right back at you.

18. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Your words:

"I always wanted the GTS and this one fits the bill..."

So...you always wanted one for the flipping potential?

19. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Maybe he just didnt like it as much as he thought he would?

20. clutchplate

clutchplate Rookie

Dec 16, 2005
    That being said... I wouldn't mind hearing a good sound clip.

21. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Lame
    Thats after the sale. Read it in context.
    I never enticed anyone with that statement
    But even if i did, its true i always wanted one
    I got it and now i am selling it to get something else

Haters will be haters and look for reasons to bring hate upon .

Moderator, time to lock this thread

22. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Why is it different if it's after the sale?

The contention here is that you are posing as an enthusiast but are clearly looking for a quick flip.

Please explain the context to me.

If you can avoid ad hominem attacks while doing so, all the better. If you can't, that's fine, too.

To put this in the context of a "for sale" ad:

Nice car. Why are you selling it so quickly after the purchase?

23. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I've deleted the posts where users are commenting on whether or not the asking price is in line with the current market. Let me remind all of you that this type of commentary violates the rules of this section.

What I've left in place, however, are comments on whether or not the car has been registered in the seller's name, whether it was recently purchased by the seller, or whether this sale constitutes a "flip" on the part of the seller. If someone has knowledge about the car being advertised (such as the fact that the seller recently purchased the car, from where, or how much was paid), that's fair game under the current rules. Sellers should realize that this is a well-informed board and that having people here who will speak up and look out for each other's interests is one of the perks of being a member of this site.

24. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    #49 wolfturbo, Jan 12, 2016
    Well done Wayne. Glad you had the conviction to not jump the gun and shut this down.

25. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Perfect, could of not said it better myself.