For Sale - 1996 Ferrari F355B (on BAT) | FerrariChat

For Sale 1996 Ferrari F355B (on BAT)

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by brian0473, Jun 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I thought I would market the car here which I currently have listed on Bring a Trailer.

The link for the auction is here:
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1996-ferrari-f355-6/

If anyone is interested or has questions please hit me up through the auction or shoot me a PM.

2. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Beautiful Example.

3. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I almost bought this car from Anthony before he sold it to you. This was right after I had sold my GTS. I'll be watching the auction very closely!

4. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    @OP How'd the final result sit with you?

5. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm happy with the result. I think the car hit right where it should. Honestly I think a major and new tires adds $10k to the value and will cost less than that..so well bought if you look at it that way. IMO.

Yassa, Wsmatau and Caphill like this.
  6. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Good to hear.... I was watching. I'm longing for a 355GTS, but just not ready to pull the trigger yet. I see nice examples like yours and they make me optimistic that it could be sooner, rather than later.

7. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    I'm the buyer of Brian's car. It's the first time I've bought a car on BaT and as a buyer I do like the platform. The write-ups seem to be consistently thorough and in most auctions there are very comprehensive photographs. With respect to this 355, I've not seen the car yet and won't until it gets trucked to me. Brian has been very easy and accommodating to work with (thanks Brian!) and the car is scheduled to be picked-up tomorrow.

I had been been looking in earnest for a 355 GTB for about 6 months and had evaluated a fair number of cars. I didn't think that the car I'd end up buying would be one where I didn't get a PPI completed, and on that score I'm a bit nervous. I've had that same fact pattern work out great but have also had it go the other way. This car has more miles than what I was targeting but because it's a car I plan to use I was more focused on condition. I found it interesting to see how many of the 355's I looked at had very limited service records and the fact that Brian's car had thorough records dating back to new was as big draw for me not just because of what they revealed about the history of the car, but because it shows an unbroken string of owners who valued the documentation and those are the type of owners who tend to care for the car at a high level. I actually wanted a car that was ready for it's next major because I wanted to know exactly how that goes and to be able to be involved in decision making about what is and is not done during that major. Of course the key is to pay a price for the car that discounts for the major and on this car I think the price is fair for both of us, provided nothing unexpected comes up in the major.

flat_plane_eddie and docapl like this.
  8. Culp_45

Culp_45 Rookie

Apr 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Curious how this one works out for you as I was the runner up bidder. Best of luck!

9. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    From my side this has been a very positive experience. I won't introduce the buyer's name publicly but he has been a true gentleman and super easy to deal with. The car was already picked up and is on its way to him.

10. Lip viper

Lip viper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2013
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Larryplatas
    That's great to know about the bat experience. I am going to sell my 95 2 owner 355B, recent service, tubi headers, 22k miles, in the next month. I considered it putting on BAT.

Thanks,

Larry

11. Purcell21

Purcell21 Rookie

Jul 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael Purcell
    @OP, why such a short ownership stint for you?

12. Animalerosso

Animalerosso Rookie

Jul 20, 2016
    He

13. Animalerosso

Animalerosso Rookie

Jul 20, 2016
    Is this car available ? I’m not quite understanding it shows the car sold on BAT

14. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I owned her for a little over a year and honestly that’s about my running average for a toy these days. I contemplated keeping it long term but I just never drove it and figured I would let the next guy enjoy it. I may do something more DD friendly but we’ll see.

15. brian0473

brian0473 Karting

Mar 14, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    It sold.