1st Ferrari - So many decisions | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1st Ferrari - So many decisions

Discussion in '308/328' started by wildcat465, Nov 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard H
    Excellent choice ................ you will not be disappointed!!

2. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    If you think a 360 might be a little underpowered, you should drive one then. It's not. Not even close. Now if your a person that shifts at 5 grand, well then your in the wrong car anyway.

3. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Now you're talking! ;)

4. kx5fast

kx5fast Karting

Jul 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    RP
    #29 kx5fast, Nov 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Fear not, the 512TR cannot dissapoint. My first F-car (picture below because I love to post em) is this 512TR. It has the torque to push you into your seat at any speed, yet is so friggin comfortable at 130 mph + it is spooky. As many others have posted, this car is a bit heavy, but I interpret that as SUBSTANTIAL. You are going to love it.

Rod
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    Until you get blown in the weeds by a Boxer!

Just kidding!

Beautiful cars!

Enjoy the Search!

6. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'd say the concern about power is a big deal on paper, but from my perspective when you're driving the experience is amazing and the output - unless you're in a Mondial 8 or 308 2v getting thrashed by a Passat - is secondary. I'm probably going with a 328 for my first Ferrari, which my now-sold Porsche 993 would edge out on the track - but the sounds, smells and sights of the '80s and earlier Ferrari's make it all less important. And I say that with extremely high regard for the air-cooled 911's, which are really great little cars.

I think the rawness of the TR is priceless, although the V-8 cars offer a similar experience and fit my wallet better. ;)

And yes, a lot of people on this site have a Ferrari bias. Who woulda thunk...