$200 per cubic centimeter! | FerrariChat

$200 per cubic centimeter!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sjb509, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

While wasting a little time at the Steve Harris Imports site, I happened upon an interesting comparison. On the first page of the pre-owned Ferraris he has a 2002 575, and a 2001 550. Both red, both 1,000 miles, both pre-owned, both have warranty. There is $50,000 difference in asking price?! Visually it would take a non-expert to tell them apart (aside from the F1 trans).

Why would anyone, regardless of their obviously considerable means, consider the 575? If you could live without the F1 transmission (which some say will be problematic in the future), and do not need the extra 250cc of displacement, you could have the 550 and an old Testarossa in your driveway for the same money.

The thing is, the 575 doesn't seem overpriced, and the 550 underpriced, but when I was looking at the difference between two nearly identical cars the price difference seems absurd.

2. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Do you think I could pay for the car one cc at a time?:)
    Erik