2001 Wheels of Italy Benefit Car Show- Feb. 19th! 9am-1pm | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2001 Wheels of Italy Benefit Car Show- Feb. 19th! 9am-1pm

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by gar348, Feb 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I see that the reinforcements have been brought in. Fair enough. Its a rainy day in AZ. I'm up for a little sport.... :D

I haven't mentioned the FCA, you did. They are very good at stepping in it without any help from me. The crack about the finance tent was a joke based in reality, and I wasn't the only person that noticed or thought that. Another owner here related a story about receiving a 'cold call' from a club, and was offended and hung up on. I didn't bring it up, but based on knowledge and experience it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where it came from.

I wouldn't join a Honda forum for two reasons:

1. I don't own one, and
    2. Because of #1, I would most likely not have any relevance to contribute.

However, maybe if I wanted to buy an NSX or an Accord I would join and ask questions because of an impending purchase and knowledge gathering. But information gathering wouldn't amount to thousands of posts. It's the two ears (two eyes), and one mouth thing. I bet since you have first hand experience with Honda, you would have something worthwhile to contribute in that venue. Much more than I would.

Ferrari for some reason attracts people who just want to belong. But because of the anonymity of the web it attracts more than enthusiasts. Based on the majority of people on FChat that don't presently own, nor have ever owned, and may never own an Fcar, the web attracts more wannabes, dreamers, detractors and kids. And because of that anonymity, everyone is an 'expert'.

I have been an exotic car enthusiast since I was in grade school, and when I was starting to learn, I absorbed info.... all of it. And if I had ever ran across someone with a Ferrari, I would have kept my mouth shut and taken it all in. I would have also tried to figure out what that person had done in order to have gotten somewhere I want to be. But the web gives access to owners that normally would just not happen in 'real life'.... and maybe that is belonging without actually having done the work to acquire the prize. I don't know, nor really care. But it definitely is a phenomenon that happens with Ferrari, and to a lesser extent Lamborghini.

You obviously haven't been to the C&Cs and Concourso's that have had 250 GTO's, 250LMs, the classics and F1 cars. They are all here. Instead of worrying about what I am posting (or not), you might be better served studying hard and laying out your plan to actually get a Ferrari, since you are an enthusiast and have an obvious love of the marque. It is far more rewarding to realize dreams, than to just dream. Enthusiast/owners around here would be more than happy to guide and mentor someone who is, where they were just a few years ago.

Wow! Out of the wood work..... for this? I'm not going to argue with you, since you are the 'expert', but the dealer and the Fiat boys did represent most of the cars, whether owned or consignment. You've been around long enough to know what a car club show looks like. And quite a few of us heard the GTO being bounced off the limiter. Maybe you weren't there for that show, but again you are the expert. If it was the owner, fantastic. Scary, but fantastic.

I guess when they post how much was raised for the charity, we'll know who paid and who was 'asked' to attend. Kind of like having a membership 'bought' for someone in exchange for some 'labor', if you know what I mean. :D

Taz: Not condescending. Just a reality check. You haven't been around here long enough to know that Fchat was mainly a place where owners from around the world would connect and communicate. It wasn't a place that you needed to sift through the plethora of posts made by people who have no ownership (past or present), or real world experience with the cars. Places that are called 'spotters threads' where mostly non Ferrari's are 'spotted'.... in a Ferrari forum. Posts where 'experts' proclaim their expertise. Only to check their voracity and find that their profile plainly states N/A, not yet, working on it, under 'Ferrari's owned'.

I fail to see the benefit of subscribing, other than posting pictures. I actually looked into sponsoring for one of my businesses, but the amount of money didn't correlate to the audience reached. It's big, but mainly non owners, and that isn't our target.

At the end of the day, this is just the web and matters zip. It's just for fun and to take anything personally is either dumb..... or dumber.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dino- I do not have any trouble sifting through the threads and finding what I need, so I am surprised it gives you trouble. Tech Q&A and the model threads are just about all about the cars and most of the posts there are by owners or people hunting for cars. I also help people with models of Ferraris I do not own, since many are not technically minded at all, so you do not have to be an owner to provide useful information. Pining away for the good old days will not do any good and I am happy to see people on FChat who aspire to owning a Ferrari learning about the cars and having a good time. You would not join a Honda forum because you do not aspire to Honda ownership. Even if you were purchasing a Honda, most of them are refrigerators on wheels (except the NSX, which has its own forums) and are disposable. Good refrigerators on wheels, mind you, but rarely collectible. I doubt most people are going to be researching them on a forum.

The owners still hang out in the owner's forum. Must be like the good old days to a certain extent, but it does cost a whole $50 to get in, so I can see why you have not bothered.

I guess we have a different view of the internet. I would not say anything to someone on the internet I would not say to their face.

My original comment still stands. No reason to belittle someone on this forum because they do or do not own a Ferrar, or own a model you do not like, or because it is a social outlet for them and they enjoy posting frequently. Just common courtesy and prevents us from sounding like snobs.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

3. Napoleondyna

Napoleondyna Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Otis Blank
  4. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    #29 nerd, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Alex as a bit of history, we've been exceptionally fortunate to have two real 250GTO and one (two?) vintage TRs reside in the Phoenix area. And occasionally, the caretakers will drive them on the streets! Photo credit to Pat I believe.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Tazkar

Tazkar Rookie

Feb 29, 2008
    Phoenix Arizona
    Full Name:
    Alex Tillman
    Thats awesome i hope i get to see that some time!

6. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #31 agup48, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    I know they are here. Mass produced Ferrari's =/= 250GTOs, etc, so they are not going to be there since there are more F430s than 250 GTOs, thus having more F430s & other mass produced cars. That was what I was trying to say.

It's a community. There will always be people who are younger that are trying to learn more there will always be non-owners and owners. That will never change, so I think you should accept that fact.

Just a reality check? Trust me, I know where I am and I know my current situation, I don't need someone to tell me where I am in my life and where I need to be. I think I've got that covered. I don't care if I own a Honda vs. a Ferrari, there are probably more things I could worry about.

I applaud you for your Ferrari ownership, I understand it takes work to earn money.

One thing I dislike strongly about the AZ section is the need to bring threads down. Sure, you didn't mention FCA, I accept my mistake in assuming that your 'the Ferrari dealer' post. But due to your many many put downs to FCA, it's definitely a strong assumption on my part, in which it was probably correct. I have the utmost respect for people, I'd rather make friends than enemies, so I apologize in advance to further ruin this thread.

If possible, I'd like to bring this thread back to it's original topic.

7. Kyoso_Joey

Kyoso_Joey Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    #32 Kyoso_Joey, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    Agup Ive been telling you to join honda-tech.com! Check out this link that was posted on Honda Tech from Jalopnik..
    http://jalopnik.com/#!5760248/how-ferrari-spins

Back on topic... The show was pretty cool with some nice cars! The lineup of the Italia, F50, and 2 GTO's was such a beautiful site.

8. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #33 DrStranglove, Feb 20, 2011
    Kind of like someone that just cruses by a forum for knowledge and fun about a car they but will not support the forum, huh?

Oh wait! That's you!

Feel free to go away...

9. Gallardo Freak

Gallardo Freak Karting

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jameson Apodaca
  10. RareAir23

RareAir23 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Did anybody get a change to sit in the 500? Or was it closed up? What did you think?

11. Tazkar

Tazkar Rookie

Feb 29, 2008
    Phoenix Arizona
    Full Name:
    Alex Tillman
  12. MOConnor11

MOConnor11 Karting

Apr 3, 2008
    Arizona
  13. barndoor

barndoor Karting

Aug 3, 2008
    oregon
    Full Name:
    mr smith
    #38 barndoor, Feb 22, 2011
  14. carlissimo

carlissimo Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Nice pictures you guys. Thanks.

15. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Schweet! Who has the hi-res versions of these?

16. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  17. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  18. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Thanks for the pictures, a little rain didn't even cause the cars to melt. These are the first pictures I've seen of the F50 "in the wild". As some of you may know my Uncle bought it at the RM Auction. It looks very photogenic!

19. TR91

TR91 Karting

Mar 8, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ
    #44 TR91, Mar 9, 2011
  20. GFUracing

GFUracing Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2005
    Ahwatukee Foothills
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    great pics guys! I thought it never rains in AZ! how is it the one day they have the show it happens to rain? we're moving to AZ in a couple months and i'm hoping it never rains LOL

21. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Like Christmas and Birthdays....it only happens once a year.

Actually probably <7 days a year.

22. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I think that the show was quite good mainly because the Fiat 500 showed up, but in reality it would have fitted into a tiny corner of the monthly Cars and Coffee at Gainey Village. The press made quite a big deal of it so kudos to the PR person, but for Phoenicians who like seeing nice cars (and tons of Italian cars) C&C is the place to be every first Saturday of the month.

23. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Maybe next year they can call it "The WHEEL of Italy"! :D

24. LukeF

LukeF Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    PHX, AZ
    Full Name:
    Luke Frampton
    It was at the last cars and coffee.

25. Buxton

Buxton Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2010
    Full Name:
    B Buxton
    #50 Buxton, Mar 19, 2011
    I received a polite reminder call from the club the week before and appreciated the special touch.
    Had a great time and there were cars one couldn't see elsewhere. Went into White Chocolaut for the free $25.00 lunch with friends and had some great conversation. A few photos our photographer took