News

430 2005 F430 ZFFEW58A850141776 Diary/Log

Discussion in '360/430' started by VAF84, Oct 3, 2019.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Karting

Jul 23, 2016
    "Austin", Texas
    For potential future owners. You'll also note that I'm trying to keep all of the receipts and records in the red binder between the seats as seen on the attached pic.

10/3/19 - Mileage 24,878

Received my car back from Josh Hill's shop in Austin last weekend. He replaced my original headers with the Fabspeed set I brought him (ordered directly from Fabspeed). I ordered the blankets with them, and they were installed as well. He said installation went smoothly. The car sounds much better, and even the drive feels more crisp for lack of better words.

He also re-adjusted the window regulator to align the windows, and he was able to remove the black paint on the exhaust tips.

Today I had the leather conditioned, the car waxed, and carpets shampoo'd. Leather looks good minus some fading on the driver side seat support.
    --------

Body touchups since my ownership - I'm almost done removing the non-original black painted items that were on the car when I purchased it. The rear view mirrors were painted locally to stock color, all four tail lights/sidemarkers were polished earlier this year to remove the black out material, and the tail pipes are back to original color. The only remaining items that are black are the rear cavalino and the Ferrari plate on top of the trunk lid.

-------

For those who hadn't seen my other posts, the car was purchased in January of 2019 from the Luxury Auto Collection in Scottsdale, it was advertised at 22,610 miles ( so maybe a few more than that) and they claimed 84% clutch life remaining. I did not have a PPI performed on the car before purchase. Car had a clean Carfax, still does, and no accidents so far under my ownership. I drove it straight to Austin where it resides (1,000 miles later) in a non-climate controlled residential garage. Upon arrival we did an oil change using the Ricambi kit, a transmission fluid change, replaced air intake filters, and spark plugs.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. DaChosen1FoSho

DaChosen1FoSho Karting

Dec 23, 2017
    Looks great man!

VAF84 likes this.
  3. VAF84

VAF84 Karting

Jul 23, 2016
    "Austin", Texas
    Thanks!

4. 303WIN

303WIN Rookie

Jul 18, 2017
    Denver, Co
    Full Name:
    Winn Nguyen
    Nice car and color choice VAF84, I just picked up the same color and interior color too :)

Attached Files:

VAF84 likes this.
  5. VAF84

VAF84 Karting

Jul 23, 2016
    "Austin", Texas
    Wow, your F430 looks great! Gotta love the color combo. I like it’s because it’s clean and understated outside, but the interior gives it the feel of a special occasion. Not to mention less worries about paint fade and small imperfections.

Seeing yours makes me want to remove the stripe on mine. Unfortunately, it’s under the front end protective film, and I’m also worried about there being a noticeable difference in paint once removed. Seems it may have been done by the original owner.

303WIN likes this.
  6. 303WIN

303WIN Rookie

Jul 18, 2017
    Denver, Co
    Full Name:
    Winn Nguyen
    You're exactly correct why I picked this color combo as well. Funny, seeing yours make me want the strips. It's still a sweet ride either way :)