2006 MotoGP Predictions thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2006 MotoGP Predictions thread

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by white_fly, Jan 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Anyone going to Jerez? Thinking about it, but haven't made my mine up yet. This year probably going to Brno, Monterey & Valencia, but Jerez might be interesting. How about an F-Chat meeting in Monterey?

Art

2. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Last test session, ducatis on top, with Hondas at the back end. End of an era?

Art-----

3. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith

I'll be there for Monterey. An F-Chat meeting would be cool.

Take me with you to Brno and Valencia !!! You might need a valet... or someone to document your trip for you :D

Actually been thinking about Spain... but a requirement from TheSuperModel for our next REAL vacation is that it NOT involve any sort of motorsports event, and involve lots of sitting on the beach and tropical drinks served up by sarrong clad maidens.

I think I could talk her into F1 at Monaco.. but we are WAY overdue for a non-race vacation.

4. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    Rossi is sandbagging.

He will stay true to form and storm to the front. He has the talent, if not the machine.

I DO think he will go out on top though. F1 is the next logical step.

Changes are coming in MotoGP, and I dont know if they are going to be positive.

Did anyone see the BMW MotoGP bike? 800cc Triple.

Shake things up a bit, I like it.

5. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    I would like to see Ducati do well.

Rossi has transended brand, he is his own brand now. Thats cool. The sport needed a new hero.

Now its time for the manufacturers to take the spotlight. BMW is stepping in (alledgedly), Ducati looks strong....

6. white_fly

white_fly Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Well, it looks like Kawasaki and Ducati may very well take up their share of the MotoGP spotlight this season. It looks to me like Ducati had better take advantage of Rossi's alleged chatter problems because Yamaha will figure out the cause and if Rossi has the bike under him, he will win. If Ducati can pull a Renault 2005, they might take the championship.

7. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I think that they've found what they need to find, and that the "chatter" problem is just b/s for the competition. Watch for Rossi to disappear when the flag drops at Jerez.

I do note, and this could be a problem for Rossi is that all of the Bridgestone equipped bikes were at the top of the leaderboard at the last practice. Apparently Michelin needs more work.

Art

8. white_fly

white_fly Karting

Mar 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Either problem you mention has the possibility of being real or BS, IMO. I really hope Honda isn't as far off the pace as they have seemed in the last couple tests. Any news on MV Agusta?

9. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Nope, I don't think that they are coming out this year. No reason to, with the formula changing to 800ccs next year.

Art

10. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ducatis in the first two grid positions? A Kawa in Third?

Gonna be an interesting year...........

11. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Ducati will win a few races! finally

12. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    They won a few last year; however if the bikes are as good as they seem to be, then we may be talking about a truly serious threat. Finally!