430 - 2008 make Scuderia 430 alarm triggers after remotely locking the car with the key | FerrariChat

430 2008 make Scuderia 430 alarm triggers after remotely locking the car with the key

Discussion in '360/430' started by CDong, Mar 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CDong

CDong Rookie

Mar 28, 2022
    The alarm goes off after a little while, after the Ferrari locks properly using remote with the key. Checked all the doors, engine compartment and trunk. Even checked electronics, siren and all that. Problem still exists. Has anyone had this problem and solved it? Please help.

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    How did you check these? Multimeter checks? Which door microswitch did you check?

CDong likes this.
  3. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    How did you check the siren? Does not sound like the same issue I had but I swapped out the siren batteries to remove a post lock chirping.

CDong likes this.
  4. CDong

CDong Rookie

Mar 28, 2022
    Thanks for reminding, I am getting someone to look into the minute parts. They should have done that...

5. CDong

CDong Rookie

Mar 28, 2022
    A new siren was replaced but it didn't solve the problem, so put back the old one and checked for other things like the electronic board etc...

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    There are a number of switches on the door which may be responsible for triggering the alarm:
    1) plunger/microswitch near each door hinge (switch DJK6 and DJQ6 in the wiring diagrams) i.e. actually on the "A" pillar, rather than the door.
    2) microswitches in the door lock/latch mechanisms (Moo4 & M004B). Hard to get to.

Some of these are in parallel with the Interior Light. Check to see if the interior light goes on when the alarm is triggered. Some of these door switches are in parallel with the instrument cluster door open indications (but you won't know if the key is out of the ignition).

I think some folks have also had problems with the "lift prevention sensor" DK35. Not sure where that is on the 430. Driver's footwell? The diagrams aren't too clear.

CDong likes this.