2010 Cali tender crapped out, need help with options please..... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2010 Cali tender crapped out, need help with options please.....

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by FrancisK, Jan 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    My Ferrari/Ctek will never show the full charge light...no matter how many days it is left on. After a day, if I unplug it, and plug it back in, it will then show the full charge light. Asked the Ferrari dealer and showed them what I had, and he said that what I had was not original to the car, it was an upgraded, warranty replacement Ferrari/Ctek charger, cause the original ones were all bad. Ha! I just use one of my many others (not Ctek) I have and put it away with the factory car cover and other stuff I don't use.

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The cargers supplied with my 488, 812 and Lusso can definitely not charge the battery to full.

However, my CTEK MXS 10 chargers and my CTEK Lithium XS does a bang up job when needed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    IMO, listen to Rifle...when I bought one 5 or so years ago I got the battery saver, since have added two cars and continue to buy battery saver's for them. NEVER had an issue with any. Keep in mind that Rifle works on these cars all day every day, best first hand free info you can get.

4. FrancisK

FrancisK Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2021
    Midwest
    Tender adapter finally came in but I need some help fellas sorry to open this back up.

Picked up a ctek mxs 5.0 and set it to agm because that’s what I have. Plugged her into the tender port and looked like all was well. Anything else I should have done there?

I then turned the alarm on and the headlights blinked a few times which was new and I got the chime once then a delay then chime again. Is that normal telling me the tender is in? Never seen that one before…

Also should I be worried about the trunk light staying on?

Thank you fellas I appreciate it!

5. FrancisK

FrancisK Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2021
    Midwest
    Alright so I'm a dumb donkey, the alarm issue was the trunk being open. I closed the lid with the cord on the felt, no issues.

Hoping I have the right setting, auto and AGM.....not recondition.