2010 California roof won't go down as well as trunk won't open | FerrariChat

2010 California roof won't go down as well as trunk won't open

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by testtest1234, Jun 26, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. testtest1234

testtest1234 Rookie

Sep 8, 2021
    I have the following situation:

1. Try to lower the roof and it gets stuck midway as the trunk does not open to allow the roof to retract in.
    2. Then try to open the trunk with the key fob and it does not open.
    3. What I need to do is turn off/turn on car then trunk can be open by key fob and thus roof can be retracted.

What I notice is the when I open the trunk on back it slowly close by itself so seems the hydraulic pressure is weak. Can this be the issue?

2. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Open the trunk and there is an access panel on the right (drivers) side … open that and see if there is any evidence of hydraulic fluid leaking there. That might make the top process slow but I don’t think a leak will cause the stop and locked trunk issue, that sounds more like a faulty sensor or micro switch.

If you mean the trunk lid will not stay open if you unlatch it and raise it, not sure if that would have anything to do with the top operation.

3. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    Sounds like voltage problem if it works after turning off and starting the car again. How old is your battery? Does the voltage drop substantially before it gets stuck?

4. testtest1234

testtest1234 Rookie

Sep 8, 2021
    Stupid question but how do you check the voltage?

As for battery have no idea. will need to check on it.

5. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    on the display to the left of the steering wheel, press the button till you see the voltage.

If your battery is older than 3 years, its probably shot.

6. testtest1234

testtest1234 Rookie

Sep 8, 2021
    What is good voltage?

7. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    12.5 and above

8. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    If the voltage drops below 12v, the roof hydraulics probably will stop.

9. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I'll add when i had my pre-owned 2010 Cali roof problem , it eventually worked only to fail and collapse onto itself so quickly that the pins on one part of the folding roof dimpled another part. I had the car not 3 months , happily the dealer repaired everything without charge , but i was worried about a large cost for a moment.