News

2010 California Spark Plug change

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Steve1979, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Steve1979

Steve1979 Rookie

Feb 12, 2020
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Steve Bowling
    I changed out the spark plugs on my 2010 Ferrari California today. I couldn’t find any info so here is what it entailed:

1. Remove the plastic engine bay covers (left, right, and the piece with the chassis number).

2. Loosen up the covers by the windshield. I didn’t pull them off. If I would have I could see it being a challenge getting it back in.

3. Replaced all four on the passenger side of the engine. The Craftsman 5/8th spark plug socket fit perfect. Note: Write ups for other cars said a “thin walled socket”. The Craftsman spark plug socket didn’t say “think walled” but it was just the right size.

4. Replaced the two forward spark plugs on the driver side.

5. Take off the windshield wipers: I used a flathead to pull up on the plastic cover on the wiper base. From there remove the bolts and the wipers pop off. Note: When putting wipers back on later make sure the wiper is correctly positioned on the windshield.

6. Remove the wiper motor assembly. It’s three bolts holding on the motor and wiper bar (not sure exactly what it’s called but it’s the entire assembly). Note: the washers will slide off even though they appear attached.

7. Now you can reach the last two plugs. It’s still tight but doable.

Note: When reattaching the upper trim make sure it’s sealed against the windshield correctly. It has a small groove.

I hope this helps others that can’t find any info!

GNU and Andrew Leather-Barrow like this.
  2. Steve1979

Steve1979 Rookie

Feb 12, 2020
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Steve Bowling
    If you need to buy the spark plugs I found the best price was Scuderia Parts for the OEM plugs. They were $28 at Scuderia Parts and $46 at Ricambi (before discount code you can find floating around).