2011 California top doesn't work properly | FerrariChat

2011 California top doesn't work properly

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Tqg4ply, Apr 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tqg4ply

Tqg4ply Rookie

Feb 10, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Howard Jacobs
    My 2011 top doesn't work properly. Sometimes it won't open properly, other times it won't close properly.
    Mostly is only partially opens/closes, before a message appears indicating a "bogus" reason for the failure.
    My mechanic has shown me the computer screen indicating that all voltages are correct as each sensor is
    operating. He removed, cleaned, replaced all sensors. Still flaky. The last time I tried closing -m it failed about 90% thru the operation. Everything froze, including window operation. I had to shut off engine, restart a couple of times to "re-boot", then top closed - which is how I've left it.
    Otherwise the car is amazing - I love it.

2. DJP

DJP Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    If sensors show battery/voltage is fine then I’d assume a system reboot is next step? Whose your mechanic - is it a Ferrari dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Tqg4ply

Tqg4ply Rookie

Feb 10, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Howard Jacobs
    Both mechanics I've gone to previously worked for Ferrari dealerships.

4. Scottyladd

Scottyladd Rookie

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    Scott ladd
    It’s could be low on oil . The pump and tank are located in the boot on the left hand side . Remove the book packs and the small trim behind the rear lamp . You may see green oil ( CHF11S) behind the trim .
    If the oil gets really low then the hydraulic rams drain. This can cause problems with the rear screen hitting the roof clam when the roof is opened causing dents in the top clam .