2013 Ferrari Club of America International Meet | FerrariChat

2013 Ferrari Club of America International Meet

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Jeff Kennedy, Feb 11, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Ferrari Club of America 2013 International Meet

Registration is Open Now

The 2013 Ferrari Club of America International will be truly international, taking us to Elkhart Lake, WI and Road America for an elegant and exciting celebration. The Meet includes the internationally recognized FCA Concours d'Elegance presented by Zymöl, a road rally, three days of racetrack activities, a vendor market (Mercato di Ferrari), seminars, receptions, charity auction and banquet with award presentations.

THE OSTHOFF RESORT has just for received the #1 Reader’s Choice Award in Conde Nast Traveler’s TOP 5 MIDWEST RESORT competition!

Headquarters Hotel

Event headquarters will be the Osthoff Resort, located 45 minutes north of Milwaukee in Elkhart Lake Wi.

Named AAA Four Diamond hotel for eight consecutive years located on the shore of Elkhart Lake. Close to a variety of restaurants and world-class golf facilities and only a 10 minute drive to Road America. Hotel rooms , one , two or three bedroom condos are included in our block of rooms.

For more information about the hotel, call 1-800-876-3399 or visit the hotel website at Osthoff Lake Resort | Wisconsin Family Resort and Midwest Conference Center. You must quote “Ferrari Club”.

The osthoff will be the site for:
    •Registration
    •The Mercato di Ferrari and Welcome Party
    •The Concours and Coppa Seminars
    •The Gala Awards Banquet and Charity Auction on Saturday night

The Track

Road America is a 640-acre, world-class motorsports facility featuring a 4.048-mile permanent road course and a 1-mile supermoto/karting track. Since its first official race in September of 1955, it has been a favorite circuit of racers world-wide who relish the challenges of the undulating landscape and the high speed turns and curves. Fans return year after year to enjoy the park-like atmosphere, fantastic food and wheel-to-wheel competition by the world's fastest riders and drivers.

©Photo by Tim Kemmis

The legendary Road America is arguably one of the top tracks in the USA.

FCA track events will be held at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wi. The track will be open from Friday, August 2nd. to Sunday, August 4th. Top instructors will be available to help you get acquainted with the track and to get the most from you and your Ferrari. This is an unmuffled event and race-prepped cars are welcome.

The Challenge Club Racing series, cars, drivers and teams will be racing on both Saturday and Sunday and will add to the excitement by participating in a wheel-to-wheel racing.

The track events are open to Ferrari and Maserati cars only, however on Saturday and Sunday, there will be special lunchtime touring sessions. These sessions, at nominal extra cost, will be open to any member and passengers are permitted. Tech inspections, helmets and special equipment will not be required for the touring sessions. Lunchtime laps will be run with a pace car and speeds will be held to safe, reasonable limits.

The Concours d’Elegance presented by Zymöl

The Concours d’Elegance presented by Zymöl will be presented on the grounds of Road America on Thursday, August 1st. Rare and special Ferraris from the 50s through the 10s will be assembled from all over North America. The Concours will be open to the public and extensive security will be provided.

Entrants and interested members for the Concours, Coppa Bella Macchina and Coppa GT competition are encouraged to attend the Concours seminar on Wednesday afternoon, July 31st from 4pm - 6pm, at the Osthoff Hotel.

Concours entrants are encouraged to display official FCA 50th Anniversary decals on their cars. These can be either the “RMH side door decals” or the complete “Lead car decal set”. Cars will not be penalized for displaying these decals. Official FCA side door decals will be available for sale at FCA2013.

Coppa Bella Macchina

The goal of the Coppa Bella Macchina competition is to determine if all the equipment and components of the Ferrari being tested are fully functional and perform as designed and installed when the Ferrari left the factory. The car must be registered, currently licensed, and insured. A true owner of the car must be the operator in all phases of the operational inspection and road test.

An experienced and knowledgeable judge is assigned to each eligible entry. A detailed and comprehensive checklist is used for the operational inspection and the owner must complete a 3-5 mile road test to ensure that everything functions as designed. Each of the items tested is pass or fail, and the only passing score is 100% on all items. The inspection and road test for each car takes about two hours.

Click here for more information on the Coppa Bella Macchina

Coppa GT

The Coppa GT Award is the highest award presented by the Ferrari Club of America. It recognizes not only high achievement on the Concours field and complete success in a full operational test, but also demonstrates the proficiency of the car and driver on the track. Applicants for this award must achieve the Platinum Award level (95 points or more) in the Concours, and also score 100% in the Coppa Bella Macchina competition to be eligible for the track phase of the competition. The car must meet all safety requirements and a true owner of the car must be the driver during the entire evaluation.

Each entrant is individually measured and evaluated on a 100 point scale. The scoring criteria measures the driver's capabilities taking into consideration the entrant's car. A later car with more modern equipment does not have an advantage over an older Ferrari.

Click here for more information on the Coppa GT competition.

Futuro Classico

Do you have a newer car? The Futuro Classico is an evaluation of Ferraris that are less than five years old on the date of the evaluation. The purpose of this evaluation is to encourage owners to preserve their cars in the original state, document the as-delivered condition of these cars, and develop a reference database for when the cars are eligible for concours judging in the future. A maximum of 10 newer cars will be accepted for evaluation.

Download Futuro Classico Evaluation Guidelines

National Preservation Award

Do you have a highly original older Ferrari? We have a designated class for our National Preservation Award, presented to the best un-restored car, 15 years or older.

An experienced and knowledgeable judge is assigned to each eligible entry. A detailed and comprehensive checklist is used for the operational inspection and the owner must complete a 3-5 mile road test to ensure that everything functions as designed. Each of the items tested is pass or fail, and the only passing score is 100% on all items. The inspection and road test for each car takes about two hours.

Ed Gilbertson Award

Do you regularly drive your nice Ferrari and are you an active member of the FCA? If so you are the kind of club member deserving of this major FCA national award. The FCA is unique in that it allows and encourages our concours cars to be driven. This is thanks to chief judge emeritus Ed Gilbertson's philosophy that Ferraris are meant to be driven. So FCA judging focuses on originality and authenticity and not so much on cosmetics. As such getting nice Ferrari up to an 85 point car or better and eligible for this and other FCA concours awards is very obtainable.

Click Here for more detailed information on the Ed Gilbertson Award

Road Rally and Pleasure Drive

Join us on Wednesday morning for a spirited drive on some of the Kettle Moraine area and Wisconsin's back roads. A pleasure drive will begin at the Road America and will take us through the beautiful, countryside.

IMPORTANT! This year, the Rally will be held on Wednesday morning due to the expanded Event schedule. Plan to arrive on Tuesday so you can participate in the Rally.

Meet Schedule

Tuesday, July 30, 2013
    •Registration at the Osthoff
    •Tech Inspection at the Osthoff
    •Welcome Party and Mercato at the Osthoff

Wednesday, July 31, 2013
    •Registration at the Osthoff
    •Rally and Rally Lunch
    •Concours and Coppa Seminars at the Osthoff
    •Drive in Movie Night at Road America

Thursday, August 01, 2013
    •Registration at Road America
    •Concours presented by Zymöl
    •Concours Lunch
    •Coppa Bella Macchina

Friday, August 02, 2013
    •Tech Inspection at Road America
    •Drivers School
    •Morning and afternoon run groups
    •Go Cart Racing
    •60’s Theme Party at Road America

Saturday, August 03, 2013
    •Tech Inspection
    •Lunch & Track Touring
    •Coppa GT Evaluation
    •Go Cart Racing
    •Challenge Club Race
    •Charity Auction at The Osthoff
    •Cocktail Reception
    •Awards Banquet

Sunday, August 04, 2013
    •Lunch Time Track Touring
    •Challenge Club Race

On Friday and Saturday afternoons we will be having activities for those who do not want to be at the track. These will include shopping tours, wine tastings, cooking classes and spa packages.

continentalautosports

Official Domestic and International Event Transporter

Lake Forest

Interested in being a sponsor?
    Click here to download information on sponsorships

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I tried to sign up for the one hour of track time for guests on Saturday (lunch break) but the system required a F1 or F2 ticket.

Bummer.

As a FCA member but currently no Ferrari owner, it makes little sense for me to buy a F1 or F2 ticket. However I would have loved to participate in that one hour of track time.

3. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    When the event was at Road America in 2009 you could register and pay for track touring at the track registration building. Hopefully they will do that again this time.

4. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Andreas,

Since you are in the Chicago area check with Mike Epifanio or Pete Consolo.

Jeff

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I sure will. In the past as a member one could always buy just the guest track time.

6. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    A track Touring option is available on the 2nd page of the registration section on the site. I have copied the details below.

Also new for 2013 is the Formula 3 Package, so you might want to check the details on both options.

Bring your P-Car, but leave your SUV fitted with a luggage trunk at home!
    See you there,
    Dave

TRACK TOURING OF ROAD AMERICA TRACK:

1 session on Saturday

Up to 60 minutes lapping behind pace car at safe, reasonable limits. Helmet and tech inspection not required. Non-Ferraris permitted but sorry, no vans or SUVs. (Track touring already included at no extra charge for F1 registrants.)
    Saturday Group
    $75.00 drivers

1 session on Sunday
    Sunday Group
    $75.00 drivers

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks Dave.

Problem is that the online booking system doesn't let you book the track session without a F1 or F2 package. Also there is no F3 package.

So I guess I'll wait for the next club mag to book it via paper.

8. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Stay Tuned.. I'll report that to the site admin.
    Dave

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Any list of the vintage cars entered for the concours already?

10. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    I know that there is a nicely restored open headlight TdF and a platinum Pf coupe already. Rumor of some blue 4 banger too!

Jeff

11. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I assume the TDF is the blue one that we saw at the Road America Historics? The Blue 4 Banger is the Mondial Barchetta?

12. Yippee! It's a Ferrari!

Feb 20, 2013
    W. Burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Lew
    I'd love to go to the Meet but these dates are the same week as the EAA airshow at Oshkosh. This airshow is Disneyland for me. I'll bet you have many people with crossover interest in both areas. Oshkosh is THE mecca of aviation every summer. Poor choice of dates for the Meet IMHO. 10,000 aircraft, 600,000 attendees, the best folks you will find in the world. This is why the terrorists hate us!

13. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    The drive between Oshkosh and Elkhart Lake is not bad. Visit both.

Jeff

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

I actually think this is a blessing: Stay an extra day and hit both events. Makes the drive to WI more worthwhile

15. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I forgot but is the event (Concours and Road America) open to the public? I think i remember non participants were allowed into RA in 2009 as well as on the concours lawn.

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm pretty sure it is as RA sells the entrance tix.

I'll do the same and will visit as a spectator. Maybe we can team up?

17. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yep! I think i will end up going with my wife and the baby as my father has been so busy he probably wont make it.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Congrats on the baby!

I'm willing to present any of your father's cars at the Concours for him. :)

19. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    #19 amenasce, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    So i will be coming with my wife and the baby.

What time does the rally start on Wednesday? And where do they leave from? The Oshtoff? Id love to come Tuesday but we cant leave Chicago on tuesday.

Id love to check the rally leaving and possibly follow it.

What else is happening on Wed?

20. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I hope to be a spectator for the Concours on Thursday.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I will be there on Thursday as well. It is Oshkosh for me on Friday

22. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Will parking be possible in the paddock at Road America for non Ferrari?

23. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The paddock was open to all traffic in 2009. This year I did see Road America is selling tickets in advance for the general public, so maybe not. No ticket sales at the gate for non Ferrari club members.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Big thank you for the heads up!

25. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    The Road America web site says tickets to this event are available in advance or at the gate. Same price either way. Mentions nothing about FCA membership being required for anything.