2017 Suzuka Pre-Race Thread | FerrariChat

2017 Suzuka Pre-Race Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Seb's steering wheel would have made a great memento! Good on him for taking it back with him, even if it was against the sporting regs. Pay a $5k - $10k fine to save a $50k steering wheel. I truly hope his gearbox is fine, but that was a lot of damage for a low speed shunt.

3. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

It most certanly was.....It looked something like Kimi's car in Singapore with Max (rear tyre making contact with another tyre)

4. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Long term weather forecast:-

Friday: 17 - 19°C - 84% chance of rain @ 12 PM
    Saturday: 18 - 23°C - 92% chance of rain @ 1 AM
    Sunday: 19 - 25°C - No Rain

5. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I haven't been following F1 since a few years, but caught this thing with Vettel's gearbox penalty problems. Why isn't he allowed to replace the gearbox without penalty, if the cause was an accident? This has nothing to do with reliability or cost savings. I guess I know why I stopped following F1 with these stupid rules...

6. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    negative.....twitter feeds.;)

7. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  8. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Damn...wish i was handling the cargo transfer.

Anyways, i can't decide if Suzuka or Spa is the best track on the calendar. We will do well. We have the best car anyways.

9. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    I still think Mercedes has the best car. As Toto described in Malaysia, the Merc. is very sensitive; setup, hot weather, tyre temps, clean air, etc.

The tempratures and humidity won't be as extreme anymore as in Singapore and Malaysia so Merc. will perform better.

10. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    When you see those giant cargo planes you really do get a sense of the logistics involved for modern day F1. How they essentially move a complete high end working tech, garage, and employee center all over the world and get it up and running each race truly is amazing.

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

12. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    OCTOBER 3, 2017

Vettel set to avoid Suzuka grid penalty

Sebastian Vettel looks set to avoid a grid penalty at Suzuka this weekend.

The German had admitted after his bizarre post-race crash with Lance Stroll that he wasn't sure if his gearbox had been damaged.

If it needs to be replaced, he would take a five-place grid drop this weekend in Japan.

Sky Italia reports that Ferrari sent the unit back to Maranello where it was found that it "should be (able to be) saved".

However, Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne has admitted that the weekend in Malaysia left him angry and "tearing out my hair".

"It is unquestionable that we could have won, not only there but also in Singapore," he said.

"Our problems are due to two things. First, we have a very young team, and second, the quality of the components is not up to the required level.

"We are intervening now with organisational changes."

Ferrari's two drivers, however, are calling for calm.

Vettel is quoted by Auto Motor und Sport: "It is definitely not ideal to have two similar defects on consecutive days. But we also can't complain about our reliability over the entire season.

"This happens when you operate at the limit."

And Kimi Raikkonen said: "There is no reason to blame anyone. We obviously had a very difficult weekend in Malaysia, but I'm sure we will get it under control."

Vettel continued: "The truth is that we have a car that can win anywhere. I think we are faster than Mercedes.

"It was a difficult weekend, but our speed is promising."

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I can't wait for the organizational changes to appear. It was obvious in Baku that something major is being missed. Singapore was a disaster and Sepang proof to anybody who was blind that they need to reshuffle desperately.

About the only thing that works is the car and the team that designed it.

14. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

way cool

NEP likes this.
  15. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  16. DF1

17. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  18. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  19. DF1

Jail soon hopefully. With potential legal issues Im not sure Force India is now a viable sale for him. Who would want to deal with the issues that he now has caused for the team. You can drop the price but that wont end the legal issues. Why would one waste the time or capital if its to be questioned in court. There are other teams one could buy without the issues Force India might face now.

20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    ypsilon and NEP like this.
  21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Sure looks that way.

In his years, he has favourable govt. political leader do support him 3yrs ago.
    Now that govt has changed, this govt is pretty strict on corruption & these kind of people who owe alot of money to banks & private people.
    He literally betrayed Kingfisher airlines staff by not paying them their wages for a year or so.

He has business everywhere F1 (force India), cricket (IPL, indian premier league, team name : royal challengers Bangalore), liquor, airlines (Kingfisher).

He has a son Siddarth malya who used to date film actress Deepika Padukone( a hottie by my standards :D) earlier.

Now govt is trying to recover his properties in keeping it in auction. There were few business tycoons and film stars who manged to get his properties when said properties went on sale.