2019 Pre Season thread: Developments, News etc | Page 21 | FerrariChat

2019 Pre Season thread: Developments, News etc

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Dec 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CeroEspada

CeroEspada Rookie

May 13, 2019
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Cero Azrael
    If Ferrari aren't interested in being masters of the universe and innovators for the sport anymore then yeah I think they should leave F1. Watching the SF90 run into issue after issue (Vettel and Leclerc have played their part as well, especially Vettel) while Mercedes and Redbull continue to show stability and brilliance... it's inexcusable. If your heart isn't anymore, take a sabbatical or retire, because at this point your legacy is being tainted.

william likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I do believe they have the desire to improve and win. I have no doubt. In the past many years have passed with no victory. It is the inconsistent approach that confuses lol :) Certainly it can be again made to win. This is just a matter of time. Certainly a debate about how urgent is open.

william, crinoid and Bas like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That's exactly my point. I follow F1 because it's the epitome of motor racing, not because I have one favourite. I really don't care which team, or even which driver wins. I am non partisan, but I can see who does a good job. Red Bull and then Mercedes came to shake up the status quo in F1, and I consider that a good thing. I follow other series where Ferrari isn't present, and I don't miss that one bit. Endurance racing was my first love, and Ferrari hasn't been present (as a work team)since the early 70s, and I haven't lost interest in endurance. Other manufacturers came and replaced Ferrari. It would be the same with F1 if Ferrari was to leave.

DF1 likes this.
  4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Some say that endurance has been doing well without Ferrari... Hum, well, endurance has been going up and down since Ferrari left: a few good years, collapse, irrelevant championships (like the current one), constant rule re-writtings, rinse and repeat...

It´s not that endurance went south because Ferrari quit, I think it was the opposite: Ferrari realized that endurance started to look like a dead end so it was better to concentrate on F1. F1 is passing through a crisis, but despite all the pesimists here, I think it´s still far more healthy than any kind of endurance racing, past or present.

Igor Ound, daytona355 and furoni like this.
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Endurance went through several phases, some better than others, but the departure of Ferrari didn't signal its decline: that happened 20 years after Ferrari left.
    Ferrari was defeated by Ford first, and really replaced by Porsche that dominated for many years, with sporadic wins from Jaguar, Mercedes, etc ...
    What made Porsche so powerful in endurance was the fact that it made its cars available to private teams, and usually supplied most of the field.
    There was real parity between factory Porsches and private Porsches, to the extend that the works team was sometimes defeated, and the title lifted by a private team. That doesn't happen in F1, where Mercedes-powered Williams and Point Racing have no chance to compete against MB-AMG.
    I think that if F1 had followed that model and allowed Customer cars (like it was originally), it would be a lot stronger now.

Sig. Roma likes this.
  6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Toto Crap again sying this will be very difficult, Ferari are favourites, blalalalal, what a poece of **** this guy is!!!

daytona355 and crinoid like this.
  7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Toto has to psych Ferrari up in the belief that they will win this time.

It makes it easier to defeat them later !!!

it's all psychological warfare.

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    William please give it a rest.

daytona355 and stavura like this.
  9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It seems to work.

375+ likes this.
  10. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    In boxing :D, yeah !

11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    crinoid likes this.
  12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Who do you think is doing this the most ??

13. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    We'll see if any of them follow the rules. Here's AMuS breakdown:

FIA has informed teams about new weekend schedule for 2021. Scrutineering will be Friday morning. Cars not allowed to change spec after that (except for test runs with development parts). FP1 & FP2 moved to Friday afternoon.

crinoid likes this.
  14. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

What a bloody joke... no more testing then, for fear they will pick the wrong way to develop, so even less racing, even less development.... what the **** are the FIA doing? Are they actually trying to accelerate the death of F1? If they are, great job you ****ing *******s......almost done

crinoid and Isobel like this.
  15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    They’re clearly favoring whoever is best in virtual testing, simulation, and lab work. This is more of the same rules designed to hold Ferrari back. That’s why they stopped testing in the first place. Hmmmmmm ....

daytona355 likes this.
  16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    F1 becomes more of a joke every single day..... today we learnt that the stewards don’t understand their own rule book, and apparently want to be famous. Not sure being famous as ‘the ****wits that got the Canadian GP result wrong’ is the right way to go about it though..... ****ing morons

stavura and crinoid like this.