2019 predictions | FerrariChat

2019 predictions

Discussion in 'F1' started by WPOZZZ, Nov 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    What are your predictions?

Ferrari will have the chassis and power unit nailed down. WCC is theirs to lose as is WDC. Seb will come back stronger, as Kimi did this year, but he will crack by the summer break. Charles will be the #1 driver when F1 returns from summer break, and Seb will retire at the end of the season. Max will join the team for 2020.

Mercedes will have a good chassis and power unit, but it will not be as good as Ferrari's. Tire deg problems will be resolved. Lewis will take the challenge to Ferrari, and will be in a dogfight with Seb and Charles. Lewis will get WDC #6.

Red Bull will be a mid pack team along with Toro Rosso. The Honda power unit will let them down. Max will opt out via his performance clause.

Sauber with Kimi at the wheel, will be among the top 6 cars, consistently. Occasionally, Kimi will be on the podium.

Ricci at Renault will not improve things.

ATBNM3, Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Disappointingly, that sounds quite a likely synopsis. I hope Vettel and ferrari win the titles, but you may be correct if he cracks

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Honda will be ok but not great - Red Bull = Podium no wins. Horner begs Max to stay who does
    Ferrari - will see Charles outperform Vettel who will leave and join Kimi at Sauber lol
    Kimi - will have a podium
    Mercedes will be strong but Ferrari will finally win the WDC title but lose the WCC
    Force Point Billionaire India will languish and wonder why but not blame Lance lol
    Liberty will be confused as to why F1 is losing luster as it drops legacy races to push a 25 race calendar with new useless street circuits. https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140084/f1-will-drop-races-with-unattractive-deals

I will watch every race no matter how little F1 changes and the politics gets more sour etc. I need help lol :)

subirg, Makuono, stavura and 4 others like this.
  4. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Lewis wins his 6th. Retires before the rule change takes place.

rmani likes this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    better not comment!

Makuono likes this.
  6. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    ferrari will win both

7. DF1

ATBNM3 likes this.
  8. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    He knows who the real threats are. Although I doubt Max will be as formidable with a Honda. I'm going to predict a Riccardo win and some podiums. But that may be wishful thinking.

9. DF1

I like this! Renault for the 'dark horse' surprise for 19!

10. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    The real dark horse would be Force India. I think they'll go from an upper midpack team to bottom rung.

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I cannot see how McLaren, Williams, or Force India will improve in 2019, same for Toro Roso really.
    Technical weakness, average drivers and limited funds are no recipe for success. I don't know which team is worst.
    So that's .the last 4 teams taken care of!

Sauber and Haas, the Ferrari client teams should improve from this year, reaching Q3 regularly, finishing among the first 10, with even a few podiums as bonus.

Red Bull's fortune is linked to Honda, and I can see them falling behind Renault.
    I would be amased if Verstappen can mount a challenge for the championship, as I have no faith in Honda delivering a winning engine in 2019. .
    It will be make or break for Red Bull, and even decide the team's future

I expect a big improvement from Renault next year following their investment in a reinforced technical team.
    They have run the team on a shoestring so far, but Renault is ready to spend more in future. They could become the 3rd best team.
    Big gamble for Ricciardo, which may pay off, who knows?

Who will be best of Ferrari and Mercedes?
    Ferrari has all the ingredients, but needs to be more consistent, and the management seems to be the weakest link there, IMO.
    We will soon see if the duo Vettel-Leclerc gels immediatly, or if we are heading for a season-long duel like Alonso-Hamilton in 2007.
    Anyway, I don' t think Vettel will stay at Ferrari beyond 2019 if he doesn't win the championship.

Mercedes is now a well oiled machine, and have to be seen as favourite, in my view.
    Bottas is a bit disappointing and not a safe Number 2, he is often outclassed by the opposition.
    I can imagine a different team mate for Hamilton in 2020.

ATBNM3 and cairns like this.
  12. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    If the Honda power unit delivers then in addition to RBR having a good year, I'm kinda thinking STR might do better also (if they get to stop being the yearlong test bed at expense of grid positions, etc).

But I still think Honda is a big question mark.

2019 Prediction: Ferrari for WDC (Vettel) and the WCC. Leclerc comes in 4th.

I'm an optimist, I find the alternative is too depressing.

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It certainly is.

Last chance saloon for Red Bull too.

They have nowhere to go in case of failure, having put all their eggs in the same basket. .

Nortonious likes this.
  14. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    LewHam #6 WDC.
    Honda finally gets most of their crap together with RBR.
    Ferrari and Vettel will once again fail to capitalize on having a great car.
    Max will continue driving in his unique knuckle-dragger style.

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

We could almost cancel the 2019 F1 season, and replay all the videos of this year then !!!

16. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Vettel is cooked--done--finis

ATBNM3 likes this.
  17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #17 TheMayor, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    I think Honda is going to surprise people and take more points away from Merc and Ferrari than the past. That will tighten up the standings so it might be more competitive next year.

I think Kimi will have a few podiums for Alfa/ Sauber as well.

One thing about Ferrari next year. Ferrari is NOT going to make Leclerc the #2 driver. That means Vettel has to have a good start next year-- or else HE will be number 2.

Renault with Ricciardo will make them interesting but still be a mid pack team.

I cannot see any way that Williams or McLaren get out of their hole. No sponsorship money, no manufacturer support, lots of brain drain.

Haas has a bad habit of moving backwards throughout the year and neither driver seems to have the ability to change it.

"Team Stroll" will be the most interesting to watch. How do you fire your own kid? :)

ATBNM3, Makuono and cairns like this.
  18. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Hard to bet against lewis and merc

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  19. DF1

No firing. He becomes a member of the pit crew changing tires. Finally learn things from the ground up lol :)

ATBNM3 and stavura like this.
  20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I think that describes most of us:confused:

ATBNM3, stavura, thirteendog and 3 others like this.
  21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Apart from the car, what will make the difference for Ferrari will be the team management, not the drivers.
    Everyone is blaming Vettel but he won five races while Kimi only won one; the most important issue was the team, while the car was not better than the Mercedes but just on par.
    Ferrari need to have flawless strategies to have a real chance of beating Mercedes; no driver could change that.

P.Singhof and william like this.
  22. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    My prediction is that I am gonna watch motoGP. It's about racing, about skills, about daring, and it's exciting. The very same parameters as in F1 untill FIA ****ed everything up.

Hocakes and LVP488 like this.
  23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    He’d find a way to **** that up too!

stavura and TheMayor like this.
  24. DF1

Oh yes LOL! :)

daytona355 likes this.
  25. DF1

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12475/11555051/f1-in-2019-optimism-mounting-for-red-bull-honda - Expectation is mounting in the F1 paddock that Red Bull can emerge as genuine title challengers next year when they will be powered by Honda.

The overall issue remains:--Honda, meanwhile, have recently introduced a beefed-up engine for Toro Rosso which has offered greater straight-line speed, although its reliability has been patchy.

This weekend is the last 'test'. How much can they move forward before Aussie GP 2019