2020 | FerrariChat

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by TheMayor, Feb 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow the year 2020 is going to be non stop openings of stuff.

Raiders Stadium
    Wynn hotel Paradise Park
    Resorts World
    The new Convention center extension on the strip
    The new MSG concert dome behind the Venetian

... and today announced the opening of the old Fountainbleu, now renamed "The Drew".

It's 2004 all over again.

2. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Seriously. They're going to have to start importing construction workers again.

3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    No P+R intended but there are many businesses whose growth is limited by the lack of qualified employees, and we see that in LAS. Residential guys cannot find framers, roofers, and god forbid you need bricklayers or a good corner man. OTR trucking is in terrible shape. Need a pressure vessel welder or other certified skill? Good luck. Here in NC, where we have had a very large contingent of foreign workers in the past for agriculture, construction, etc. hundreds of small businesses can't find people. My own landscape guy went all summer last year with several good positions open because his prior good and reliable employees (who also were able to pass a drug test by the way) had to vamoose. It's not solely these kinds of occupations. I recruit very senior level physician executives for bio-pharma...a client wants to hire a neurologist who is not a U.S. citizen (lives in a Scandinavian country, which should get the White House Seal of Approval). We can't get him in here. This guy is an expert in a rare (orphan) disease. Thousands of kids might be helped by this company's clinical stage drug. Why do we want to keep people like this out of the U.S.? Sorry for the rant...

TheMayor likes this.
  4. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Finding people who actually want to work is a never ending process in my life.

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #5 TheMayor, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    If they make the so called "infrastructure bill" the situation will get worse. I know Resorts World delayed their start for months because of a shortage of cranes. They have like 5 of them on site now.

I flew over Raider stadium this weekend and they have hollowed out the bowl. You can clearly see the layout now.

The old Fountainbleu is scheduled to open before Resorts World. They say it's 70% finished at this point. If they finish it like the drawings I saw of it, it will rival Citycenter.

Because it part of Marriot it's the perfect place for millions to use their points to stay there.

Wynn is adding another 1500 rooms at Paradise Park. It's not just a lake but a whole new experience when coming to LV.