250 SWB blueprint | FerrariChat

250 SWB blueprint

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Polpot, Jan 14, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Polpot

Polpot Rookie

Mar 11, 2017
    I am planning to build a 250 SWB body as a fun project in my retirement. I have been teaching myself metal work in the old school way, the way it was done in the late 50s. Does anyone know if there is a book or a source where I can find specific fractory drawings or plans for the SWB. I have found generic plans but nothing that is very good nor from the factory. Do these even exist? Best I found is the following..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Christian.Fr likes this.
  2. rei24

rei24 Karting

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Klaus
    I was wondering why there didn´t appear any replies, but it seems like there´s not much available. Went also through my literature: nothing worth to show.
    Only found these links:

http://carblueprints.info/eng/prints/ferrari/ferrari-250-gt-swb
    http://www.the-blueprints.com/de/blueprints/cars/ferrari/19089/view/ferrari_250_gt_swb_berlinetta/

3. Polpot

Polpot Rookie

Mar 11, 2017
    Thanks, I had found those as well. I am beginning to realize that maybe during this era of hand built Ferraris that plans were no more than an initial drawing and a tubing or wooden buck. I just spent two days at the Cavillino classic track day and saw a few SWBs....and noticed that there were subtle differences from one to the next...
    My best solution maybe to 1. Find an owner willing to let me do a 3D scan.....highly unlikely....
    Or 2. Project real images onto a large white board and do scale size drawings...

4. DavidWP

DavidWP Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Noblesville, Indiana
    Full Name:
    David W Palmeter
  5. Polpot

Polpot Rookie

Mar 11, 2017
    Wow....thank so for this. I have downloaded the file and it looks great. What I do not know is how representative the dimensions are to the actual factory drawings...if ther is such a thing and yes I know these cars were changing with each new build as they were all basically one offs built by hand.