275GTB/GTS/Lusso frames | FerrariChat

275GTB/GTS/Lusso frames

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Horsefly, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Has anybody ever run across any of the above that may have come from trashed out hulks from years gone by? Would an original frame from any of these be of any great value if the rest of the car is completely gone? I mean, how many people would actually NEED a complete frame to pay any large price for one. Most of the complete cars would still have their frame and/or the restorer would surely attempt to repair the original frame if it was in bad shape.
    Call me crazy, but if I took a non-Ferrari body (like Drogo did), and installed it on a Ferrari frame with a Ferrari engine, wouldn't that make an interesting hot rod? Nobody would be fooled into thinking it was an original but since Enzo himself considered the engine to be the heart of the beast, it would still be a Ferrari wouldn't it? And the title itself would say "Ferrari" and the serial number on the Ferrari title would match the serial number on the frame. And in most states it would remain titled as a Ferrari. What say?