288 for sale... | FerrariChat

288 for sale...

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Chiaro_Slag, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  2. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
  3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #3 Chiaro_Slag, Feb 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    LOL!! Those smilies are great :)

5. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
  6. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    When I win big in Vegas I will buy you all 288s or F40s --your choice!

Until then, Ill chip in 20 bucks :)

Speaking of that. Rick, you could have had a 288 GTO instead of the F40. Little bit of a price difference but they are in the same ballpark. What made you decide to go with the F40?

7. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    I believe the F40 was the first 200mph production car. And you know me, I have a habit of doing that. The first of the super cars. There are plenty of cars that make as much power available today, but they are all speed governed to below 186mph.
    I understand it was the last car Enzo had any hands on design in. Enzo built it to one up the 959 Porsche. The next step above the 288GTO.
    I wanted something I could drive on the street and go 200 mph on the Open Road races.
    I wanted a twin turbo car, but not a Porsche.
    If I crash it, yes I had a dream about that last night, I think there are more parts available, or I could turn it into an LM.

Rick

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Gotta love the Ferris quote!!!

I think the F40 suits Rick better - The car was made for him!

PS, I just bought some new relays online - Maybe tonight I'll take the louvers off behind the headlights & take a peek in there to see if I can get the darn things to pop up again. :) I should get the relays in a few days & see if that fixes my dilema.

9. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    I agree, I just can't imagine rick in something like a 355 or 360.

10. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    I'd pony up some cash, say $500? Ferris, I hope this will buy you a floor mat?LOL, seriously, I hope you figure the lights out.

Rick- Does anyone have video of the supercars on the highway? Our shots were further back in the pack.

-Jay.

11. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    If by highway you mean freeway it would have had to be from a helicopter!
    I backed off at 125 and the Enzo and Jag were still going strong. But hell, 130,150, not much difference from the CHP's point of view.......
    As far as from the canyon goes, I was too busy driving to think about filming!!

Sorry :(
    Rick

12. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Yes, I meant the freeway thank you. That would have made for some really exciting video. Oh well, we'll piece together the best parts of many videos and try to make it available for all.

Are you going to the coffee shop this sunday in Calabass? Please thank Lonna for her Co information.

-Jay.

13. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Jay, I have some pretty good video that Byron is going to put up for me. I have some freeway shots but they are not necessarily of the supercars (Enzo, XJ220-S, F40, ect.) but it is still pretty good :).

-David

14. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Not sure about going this Sunday. I had planned on going next Sunday the 22Nd. It would be nice to get a group from O.C. and run thru the canyons either on the way there, on the ay back or both. Sundays just work better for me even though it is further away. That and I think C.C. has gotten way outta control. I'm bringing my Duelly and 3 dogs this Sunday. I wonder if they will make me park with the "Show"? :)