296 GTB or 296 Spider? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

296 GTB or 296 Spider?

Discussion in '296' started by RarriFrost, Mar 23, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Wow, must have been Abe Froman!

PS. Congrats on your 812 GTS!

2. victorg

victorg Rookie

May 2, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Victor Gonzalez
    I was just told the same thing in three dealerships in Texas

3. victorg

victorg Rookie

May 2, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Victor Gonzalez
    Totally sleazy. Don't like the way Ferrari is running the business no more, you'd think they're better than used car salesmen. Enzo is probably turning in his grave.

4. HTXatty

HTXatty Rookie

Dec 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Placed a deposit on GTB 12/21 and GTS 4/22…let’s see when they come in. GTB shows waiting list on the app

5. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    I placed a deposit last Saturday for GTS and it’s already showing up on the app.

amandeep18feb and BigJay2050 like this.
  6. landasia

landasia Rookie

Jul 21, 2020
    SoCal
    I placed deposit a week ago but no show for me.. wonder how that works.

7. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    My understanding of the process is that the dealer has to submit to Ferrari for approval. Once it’s approved, it will show up in the app.

Caeruleus11 and landasia like this.
  8. DQSF

DQSF Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dennis Q
    How’d you get such precise dates?

9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Enzo actually despised his clients and treated them with contempt, apart from the odd Earl or Count...

Caeruleus11, NYC Fred and x599 like this.
  10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Just deposit. Probably has the receipts. ;)

11. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Maybe he remembers when he actually wrote the checks out to the dealer in those months?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ryalex likes this.
  12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Doesn’t matter what the app says. The dealer puts the orders in from their list and their allocations. Dealer puts into the app ( think bullpen).

The dealer gets an allocation and they submit the order to the Factory to be made (10G). Dealer can request priority and priority can/may/is given by your client level from Ferrari whatever that means.

You know the rest. I can say it is not First come first serve. I committed to a 296 GTS and was told ok. I asked if they wanted a deposit now and they said “we have time.”

Similarly I committed to a PS with a contract and have not been asked for the deposit yet.

You’re showing your commitment with your deposit, not theirs to you.

ryalex likes this.
  13. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    I thought in order for your order to show up on the app, dealer has to submit the order and Ferrari has to approve it. I believe there are two status codes before 10G, W and P. I suspect the order will be at P status if it shows up on the app. I agree, it's definitely not first come first serve. I saw the computer screen when I place my deposit for 296 GTS and saw 2/3 of the people on the list have not placed deposit. I also saw "summitted for approval" next to a customer who placed a deposit.

amandeep18feb likes this.
  14. landasia

landasia Rookie

Jul 21, 2020
    SoCal
    My 296 gts order doesnt show up on app yet. I did put down deposit day after the announcement, but havent configured anything..

15. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    ryalex, amandeep18feb and landasia like this.
  16. landasia

landasia Rookie

Jul 21, 2020
    SoCal
    I am new to exotic cars, and had question about reason behind ordering both variants (i saw this alot on this forum, same with f8 or f12, etc). Is this to drive gtb until gts comes (and trade it in)? Is this about building more relationship with the dealer? Or does this give one better chance at ordering the special version of the same car? (Like pista)?

17. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Depends on whether dealer submits. My SF90 spider was atelier built and approved and didn’t show up for months. It’s only when it gets close to actual allocation.

18. amandeep18feb

amandeep18feb Karting

May 6, 2022
    Seattle, USA
    Full Name:
    Aman Singh
  19. iMrMark

iMrMark Karting

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ferrari does approve it, but even then it can still be 10W with config in the app. You might have custom requests, for example, and go through the whole process of getting that approved/denied, and see the resulting config in the app - but still can be officially 10W. My understanding is the config shows in the app once the dealer sends to factory for approval, regardless of production status.

As others have said, it is believed that the dealer also has a lot of influence over what allocation ultimately goes to what customer, when the factory signals to the dealer that they’re ready to take more orders to production line. I think it’s important to say that ultimately the SC wants to sell a car. 9 times out of 10, they wouldn’t go through the hassle to take a deposit if they didn’t think there was a chance to make it happen for a client.

Or perhaps I’m just an optimist, naive to the ways of the dealer, completely possible congrats to all who have a verified allocation! Can’t wait to see the photos and hear the stories after delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

fws357 likes this.
  20. amandeep18feb

amandeep18feb Karting

May 6, 2022
    Seattle, USA
    Full Name:
    Aman Singh
    I see the car (296 GTS) popping up in the app in MyFerrari section today.

21. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    I think most dealers will do whatever it takes to get a deposit. My dealer has about 110 orders for both 296 GTB/GTS, that is $1.1 million and most deliveries won't happen in a year or two. who wouldn't love holding on to free cash for 2 years.

amandeep18feb and ryalex like this.
  22. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Is your GTB going to be black? Mine shows it in red, but that's not the color I specified.

23. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    It better not be black, I configured to be rosso imola. LOL. anyway, I think the pic is a generic/random.

ryalex likes this.
  24. kbaillie

kbaillie Karting

Nov 4, 2009
    The pic of my GTB-to-be in the Waiting List is showing up as my spec (Rosso Dino/Crema). The GTS that I placed a deposit on reveal day for is still not showing up.

ryalex likes this.
  25. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    Question here, my app shows 2 GTB on the waiting list now, thats an error, but is it worth calling the dealer over? 1 is supposed to be a GTS and i see from your pic that is an option.