296 GTB or 296 Spider? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

296 GTB or 296 Spider?

Discussion in '296' started by RarriFrost, Mar 23, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    You might want to give them a call and make sure they entered it in the system correctly. They may have entered you for 2xGTB's.

That said, please keep in mind that the app is ... uhm ... not the best.

iMrMark likes this.
  2. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    you definitely should contact your dealer to make sure they submitted correctly. If they did, then contact F customer service listed in the app to have it corrected. you can ignore the status in the app, but other info should be accurate, model, configuration, etc.

3. Foster219

Foster219 Rookie

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matt Foster
    Just heard they closed the order books for 296 GTB and 296 GTS - there are no new cars that can be reserved right now. Has anyone heard this and can confirm from their dealer?

ryalex likes this.
  4. iMrMark

iMrMark Karting

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I asked this very question yesterday and the answer indicated that deposits were still being taken, as of yesterday morning, at that particular dealer. :)

5. Level7

Level7 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    I was also told that the order books would be closing very soon. Once the order book is closed, any new orders would go on a wait list. Evidently dealers have been overwhelmed with orders for the 296GTB and GTS versions. Seems incredible especially when dealers are just now getting demo versions. I guess people are making decisions based on the various reviews and seeing the car as it was unveiled at dealers - and not having the chance to drive it. I know on the East Coast US, demo drives are now starting to happen.

If you walked in off of the street to buy any new Ferrari, I am not sure what your choices would be!

ryalex likes this.
  6. fws357

fws357 Karting

Mar 27, 2022
    I am on US east coast. Just finished test drive the GTB. here is what we have, Roma is closed, GTB and GTS will be closed within 2-4 weeks.

ryalex likes this.
  7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I’ve been saying GTS is a for sure sell out! Book one now!

fws357 likes this.
  8. Level7

Level7 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    My sales agent called me yesterday to tell me that the order books for the 296GTB and GTS were officially closed - at least for East Coast USA. Any new orders would go on a wait list. Luckily my order was already in.

I am curious to hear from others in terms of this situation happening in the past.

1. How often has a particular model sold out before most dealers even get their demo models? I remember the F8 having a relatively long period when it was available for new orders.
    2. How often has it occurred that there were virtually no models to order if one walked in off of the street and wanted to buy a new Ferrari - any model?
    3. What do you think is driving such demand for Ferraris in particular to result in the 296 model selling out so quickly? It was just 6 - 7 months ago that the 296GTB was unveiled on the East Coast.

9. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    sold out for the entire run or sold out for next year? What is the run on something like this 10,000 over 3-4 years? They're going to make a ton of them. We could very well be in a vicious recession by then, technically we just entered one yesterday.

10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I was told orders stop end of July. Put my deposit on the GTS.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ryalex likes this.
  11. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    All new Ferraris order books closed as of now per several dealers in US.

ryalex likes this.
  12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I'd guess it's a matter of managing the backlog vs aĺlocations rather than production sold out; i.e. in most cases order book could be reopen in the coming months (anyway apart from the coming purosangue the only models currently for sale are the Roma and 296).

ryalex likes this.
  13. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    You’re absolutely spot on. Like Roma and 296 GTB closed over 6 months ago and then it reopened and some regions didn’t close at all. Now they closed to catch up the production lines and then they will evaluate people on the waiting list and may or may not open up. The 296 is supposed to be a 4 year run to 2026. Someone here can confirm.

14. Level7

Level7 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    When I specified by F8, I obtained a guide called "Personalization Program". This guide along with the option pricing Excel sheet was a huge help in understanding all of the various options, combinations, and possibilities. I am attaching just the first few pages of the F8 Guide as an example. Does anyone have a similar guide for the 296 GTB and GTS? I have seen the Excel sheet that lists the various option pricing. Just looking for the associated guide. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

amandeep18feb likes this.
  15. ccagg

ccagg Rookie

Aug 14, 2014
    I speced out BOTH my GTB and GTS today. Ferrari Orlando Only offed GTS's to customers that purchase a GTB. GTB delivery probably another year GTS likely 3-4 years

16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Another way to look at it, the 296GTB order book has been open since June 2021..and none have been delivered -- outside of a small group in Europe to ensure the car is not impacted by "new" car regulations that went into effect July 6 2022 for any new model first time ever delivered to EU customers after that date, because Ferrari delivered a few in EU, it was an "existing model" as of July 6 2022, so now Ferrari has until July 2024 to comply with those new regulations.

So, this slow production is most unusual, but, apparently typical for hybrids, the SF90 took 18 months from reveal to first customer delivery (but I heard they had production issues with the battery packs and a lot of completed cars were in storage until resolved). So, here is the 296GTB, nearly 14 months since reveal, still very few are in production. Could be due to problems they are still working out, could be they have dedicated production to the F8, Portofino, Roma, SF90 (the V12 models are throttled by how many engines can be built per year). It is apparent Ferrari is not able to ramp up production to 15,000 per year but that is what they want...

Closing the 296GTB/GTS books now for a 4-6 year run, probably because they are having production issues and are not ready to go 100% on production...so, they have too many pending orders. I believe once they figure out their issues and production catches up the 296 order books will re-open, but, when, who knows, could be a year or more. Once 296 customer deliveries are common and frequent, probably within a year or less of that time, I believe the order books will be again available.

17. amandeep18feb

amandeep18feb Karting

May 6, 2022
    Seattle, USA
    Full Name:
    Aman Singh
    When did you put in deposit for both?

18. ccagg

ccagg Rookie

Aug 14, 2014
    8/21 GTB 4/22 GTS

19. amandeep18feb

amandeep18feb Karting

May 6, 2022
    Seattle, USA
    Full Name:
    Aman Singh
    Awesome.. thanks..
    3-4 years wait would be painful.. I put in deposit in April 2022 too for GTS

20. ccagg

ccagg Rookie

Aug 14, 2014
    I'll get the GTB first drive it for a few years and trade it for the GTS when it arrives

21. mgr201

mgr201 Rookie

May 8, 2022
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Books are closed in Greenwich CT for all new cars 4 years out. All allocations for 296 GTB, 296 GTS, Purosangue, Roma Coupe, Portofino M and SF90 are taken. Roma soft top coming soon…

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Yup heard that too this morning , were you at the Hagerty event ?

23. mgr201

mgr201 Rookie

May 8, 2022
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yep- which car was yours? Mine was the blu pozzi 458.

24. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Mark you and I were chatting at the end, I have the blue 812 gts.
    I happy to hear the positive reviews of 296, maybe a gts is in the future.

Al

mgr201 likes this.
  25. mgr201

mgr201 Rookie

May 8, 2022
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Perfect! Nice to meet you Al.

Alcav5 likes this.