296 GTB v GTS first ever Ferrari | FerrariChat

296 GTB v GTS first ever Ferrari

Discussion in '296' started by Dr_jz, Sep 26, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr_jz

Dr_jz Rookie

Sep 23, 2022
    I am super excited as I am about to place an order for my first ever Ferrari
    A lot of years of hard work has fortunately got me into this grateful position.

I have been driving a boxster for 12 years and was briefly looking at a 911 turbo or gt3 rs. I was considering a McLaren but went straight to Ferrari.

what do you guys reckon
    296gtb v gts

gzachary and paulchua like this.
  2. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    You are likely to have much more fun and a bit less money than when you were driving the Porsche !

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You will probably get delivery of a GTB wherever you are in the world a year or two before the GTS - that may help your decision

4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #4 ginoBBi512, Sep 26, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    Forget about that car, and buy an 812 , or an F8 . With that kind of money, why would you even consider a 6 cylinder , and one with an electric motor in it at that ? lol This being your first F Car. Porsche is the only 6 cylinder sports car worth buying, unless of course your talking about a 246 Dino.

Big G

Dr_jz likes this.
  5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Maybe because he likes it?

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah a GTB would arrive sooner (I'm guessing you're not in the US since the order book was already closed). If you can wait until 2025 or 2026, the GTS is going to be far more desirable long term (again, I'm assuming you wouldn't be able to get a 2024 allocation now, since US dealers are putting out orders several years now).

Dr_jz likes this.
  7. Dr_jz

Dr_jz Rookie

Sep 23, 2022

My initial thought was the same with the V6
    But hybrid engine is part of F1 engine and because of the reduced cylinders Ferrari have found a loop hole to ensure the engine sound is louder than the F8. The electric motor only has a 25km range—purely to boost the combustion engine

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  8. Dr_jz

Dr_jz Rookie

Sep 23, 2022
    Thanks

ryalex likes this.
  9. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I'm not sure where you're based but I just confirmed with my dealer last Friday that I'll take a GTS and that's a late 23 year delivery - I'm a convertible guy so no real interest in the GTB. So, noting the comments above, I suspect it depends where you're located and perhaps also how your dealer perceives you as a client for more cars. With regards to the 812, a great car but completely different in terms of experience - I think the 296 whichever way you go would be fantastic. You won't go wrong whatever you choose!

10. Bmill

Bmill Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2011
    California/Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I thought the 296 “Oder Book” was closed (at least in the USA)
    Is it still open in parts of the world?

F2003-GA likes this.
  11. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    It seems that the situation differs by market. I remember quite a while back at a meeting with Ferrari they explained that the more mature markets got less cars relative to their size than the newer rapidly growing markets. If that is still the case it might partly explain the state of order books in the US.

Bmill and ryalex like this.
  12. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    GTS. Enjoy the full experience.

13. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    GTS. When I went to test drive the 296, I fully expected to order the GTB because, even though I own a Portofino, I’m more of a coupe guy than a spider guy. But when I saw both cars in person there was no comparison. In fact my wife, who’s absolutely a ‘car girl’, said they both look great, but the GTS is ‘f**king gorgeous’.

ShadowLAP likes this.